“Long-term interests” report
This report shows how much your site's users are interested in various topics, and also lets you analyze users' behavior on the site depending on their interests.
User interests are calculated by analyzing user behavior on the internet with Crypta technology. Because of how this technology is applied, the number of sessions shown in the report might be less than in other reports from the service.
An example of this report is available for the Yandex.Metrica demo tag.
- Ways to use this report
- Report structure and settings
- Differences from the old version of the “Long-term interests” report
Ways to use this report
- Find the for people with condition group and click .
- Select the condition.
- Select More, Less, or Equals and enter the amount.
The report will help you see the big picture of site users' interests.
Use the affinity index to select the top topics that are interesting for most site users.
The report will show the interests of users who have generated more, less or equal revenue to the amount you specify. For example:
Report structure and settings
- A value close to 100% means that the users' interest in the subject does not differ from the average on the internet.
- If, on the contrary, the affinity index significantly exceeds 100%, the topic may be attractive to your audience. For example, an index of 200% for cars means that your site's users are interested in the topic of cars twice as much as average internet users.
The report data is grouped in categories of user interests. Some categories may have up to two sub-categories.
Sometimes the service can't determine which sub-category the user belongs to. In this case, the user will be assigned to the top-level category. For this reason, the number of users in the top level isn't equal to the sum across all the levels.
The affinity index is calculated for each topic in the report. This indicates how strongly the topic interests site users compared to the internet audience as a whole:
By analyzing the affinity index, you can reveal your audience's tangent interests. For example, you might find out that your target users are interested in both cars and finances.
By comparing the affinity index to other indicators in the report (sessions, bounces, and conversion rate), you can determine the preferences of users who have the highest conversion rate.
To add the affinity index to another Yandex.Metrica report, first add the Categories of interests dimension and then the index. The metric is not available without this dimension.
The report supports settings available in Yandex.Metrica.
Differences from the old version of the “Long-term interests” report
The new “Long-term interests” report contains a wider range of topics for determining the interests of site users. This allows you to analyze them in more detail.
For example, the category related to transport has expanded: