Installing and checking a tag
The code snippet must be embedded in the source code for every page on the site. The code should be placed as close to the top of the page as possible.
To independently check whether a tag is functioning correctly, use a special attribute on any page of the site.
Choose your situation to find a solution:
This might happen for the following reasons:
- The tag is installed incorrectly. For example, the CMS modified the code snippet. Reinstall the tag or contact the support service for your CMS.
- Broken scripts are preventing the Yandex.Metrica tag from working on the site. You can check this in the browser console.
This means that information is being transmitted to Yandex.Metrica. However, the data might not be shown in reports for any of the following reasons:
- Data is sent to a tag with a different number.
- The Filters tab in the tag settings has overly strict filters defined. Remove unneeded filters.
- The Filters tab in the tag settings has the Don't count my sessions filter enabled. This means that the tag doesn't register your own sessions. Try accessing the site with your browser in “incognito” mode.