“Yandex.Direct” reports are missing data
Choose your situation to find a solution:
- The tag ID is specified in the Yandex.Direct campaign settings, and the Tag links for Yandex.Metrica option is enabled.
- The tag settings in the Yandex.Metrica interface don't have excessively narrow filters set up on the Filters tab.
- The tag is installed on all the landing pages. To see data for pages that have the Yandex.Metrica tag installed, go to Checking the tag.. Data will be shown if site users have visited these pages. To check whether the tag is installed correctly on any of the site's pages, see
- The site was functioning correctly during the selected report dates.
Yandex: Unknown means that the session that Yandex.Metrica registered couldn't be traced to a specific click on a Yandex.Direct ad. So besides the advertising system itself, the rest of the data couldn't be detected either: the campaign, keyword, query, and so on.
- The user clicked an ad but left the source page open on a browser tab, and later refreshed the page.
- The user clicked a link from an ad, but then forwarded it to someone else. A repeat visit using this link won't be associated with the click on the Yandex.Direct ad, either.
Make sure that the tag is formed correctly. A UTM tag has five parameters in any order, separated by ampersands (&):
- The Yandex.Metrica tag isn't installed on landing pages, or it is installed incorrectly. Check how the tag is installed.
- The ad specifies a URL that redirects to a page that doesn't have the Yandex.Metrica tag installed.
- The ad specifies a URL that redirects to another page, and the UTM tags are lost.
- The ad specifies an invalid URL that doesn't open a page.
The standard report on UTM tags has a hierarchical structure: utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign, utm_content, and utm_term.
If you use all the UTM tags except utm_content, the data for utm_term won't be available in the standard Tags report. In order to start showing the tags, remove utm_content from the report.
The tag parameters have standardized names: utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign, utm_content, and utm_term. You can't change them or create custom names (like utm_keyword or utm_word), because they won't be part of the UTM tags and their data won't be reflected in the “UTM tags” report.
where utm_keyword is a custom parameter.
The “UTM tags” report shows information for the utm_source, utm_medium, and utm_campaign parameters. Information for the utm_keyword parameter is only available in the report .