“Yandex.Direct” reports are missing data
Choose your situation to find a solution:
- The tag ID is specified in the Yandex.Direct campaign settings, and the Tag links for Yandex.Metrica option is enabled.
- The tag settings in the Yandex.Metrica interface don't have excessively narrow filters set up on the Filters tab.
- The tag is installed on all the landing pages. To see data for pages that have the Yandex.Metrica tag installed, go to Checking the tag. . Data will be shown if site users have visited these pages. To check whether the tag is installed correctly on any of the site's pages, see
- The site was functioning correctly during the selected report dates.
Yandex: Unknown means that the session that Yandex.Metrica registered couldn't be traced to a specific click on a Yandex.Direct ad. So besides the advertising system itself, the rest of the data couldn't be detected either: the campaign, keyword, query, and so on.
- The user clicked an ad but left the source page open on a browser tab, and later refreshed the page.
- The user clicked a link from an ad, but then forwarded it to someone else. A repeat visit using this link won't be associated with the click on the Yandex.Direct ad, either.
Make sure that the tag is formed correctly. A UTM tag has five parameters in any order, separated by ampersands (&):
- The Yandex.Metrica tag isn't installed on landing pages, or it is installed incorrectly. Check how the tag is installed.
- The ad specifies a URL that redirects to a page that doesn't have the Yandex.Metrica tag installed.
- The ad specifies a URL that redirects to another page, and the UTM tags are lost.
- The ad specifies an invalid URL that doesn't open a page.
The standard report on UTM tags has a hierarchical structure: utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign, utm_content, and utm_term.
If you use all the UTM tags except utm_content, the data for utm_term won't be available in the standard Tags report. In order to start showing the tags, remove utm_content from the report.
The tag parameters have standardized names: utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign, utm_content, and utm_term. You can't change them or create custom names (like utm_keyword or utm_word), because they won't be part of the UTM tags and their data won't be reflected in the “UTM tags” report.
where utm_keyword is a custom parameter.
The “UTM tags” report shows information for the utm_source, utm_medium, and utm_campaign parameters. Information for the utm_keyword parameter is only available in the report .