Track clicks or taps on a phone number
If your site provides a phone number as a link, you can track how often users click or tap on it. This can help you determine the correlation between the number of user interactions with phone numbers and the actual number of calls. This information can be useful if you don't use call tracking.
- For all phone numbers on a site. Yandex.Metrica recognizes phone numbers by the presence of
telin links. For example:
<a href="tel:+70123456789">+7 012 345-67-89</a>
- For a specific number. Yandex.Metrica searches for tel:<specified number> in links.
- In Yandex.Metrica, go to Settings and open the Goals tab.
- Click Add goal.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the goal to create.
- Select the goal type Click on phone number.
- Select which numbers to create a goal for. If you chose Specific number, enter the number specified in the link in the field. Make sure the numbers match.
- Click Add goal. The created goal will appear in the list of goals.
- Click Save. Yandex.Metrica begins collecting statistics within a few minutes after saving settings.
- Check whether the goal is working correctly.
- A maximum of 200 goals can be set for each tag.
- The service registers a user completing the same goal on the same tag no more than once per second.
- During a single user session, the service can register up to 400 completions of all the goals created for a tag.
- If you edit a tag or goal, previously collected information doesn't change.
- If you delete a goal, information collected for it is no longer available in reports.