If users can search for a product, service, or information on your site, you can track this.
This type of goal helps you figure out how many people use site search and distinguish them from other users.
To do this, set a special goal in Yandex.Metrica. Yandex.Metrica recognizes addresses by the presence of q, text, query, or search. If the site uses a different parameter, you can manually specify it in the goal.
- Where to find the parameter
To find out which parameter is responsible for the site search, look at the URL of the page with the site search results:
In this case, the search phrase is sent in the query parameter and it has to be specified in the goal. The parameter name must be preceded by a ? or & and followed by a =.
The goal will work if there is at least one match in the GET parameters. For example:
The goal is achieved when a request is sent with the specified parameter. To view goal statistics, use the Conversions report and add the goal to other Yandex.Metrica reports. To view search phrase statistics, create a report.
- In Yandex.Metrica, go to the Goals page in the left menu.
- Click Add goal.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the goal to create.
- Select the Site search goal type.
- Choose the parameter to include in the search query: q, text, query, search, and others.
- Click Add goal. The created goal will appear in the list of goals. Yandex.Metrica will start collecting statistics on it within a few minutes.
Use this report to:
- Track which product, service, or information is difficult to find on the site without searching.
- Find out which product, service, or information is in high demand.
- Use search information to optimize the site.
To create a report:
- Go to.
- Specify the segment.
- Select the URL option (q, text, query, or search).
- Click Apply.
- This type of goal can't be used in Multi-step goals.
- A maximum of 200 goals can be set for each tag.
- The service registers a user that completes the same goal on the same tag no more than once per second.
- During a single user session, the service can register up to 400 completions of all the goals created for a tag.
- If you edit a tag or goal, previously collected information doesn't change.
- If you delete a goal, information collected for it is no longer available in reports.