Track form submissions
If your site has a feedback form, you can use Yandex.Metrica to track the number of times that users submit it.
For all forms on your site.
For a specific form. Use this method, for example, to track different forms.
- In Yandex.Metrica, go to the Goals page in the left menu.
- Click Add goal.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the goal to create.
- Select the Form submission goal type.
- Select which forms to create a goal for. If you chose Specific form, enter the webpage where the form is placed in the field and click Go and select a form. In the window that opens, Yandex.Metrica highlights the forms that were found on the page. Select the one you need.Note. Yandex.Metrica only highlights the forms on the webpages that users visited in the past 30 days. You can select one of these forms.
- Click Add goal. The created goal will appear in the list of goals. Yandex.Metrica will start collecting statistics on it within a few minutes.
- Check whether the goal is working correctly.
The form is identified by the presence on the site of the form element and some form parameters: id, name, or the DOM element path. When you add a goal, Yandex.Metrica displays the parameter that was recognized. It indicates which form the goal was created for, so you can use this parameter to distinguish goals in Yandex.Metrica on the Goals page in the left menu.
- This type of goal can't be used in Multi-step goals.
- A maximum of 200 goals can be set for each tag.
- The service registers a user that completes the same goal on the same tag no more than once per second.
- During a single user session, the service can register up to 400 completions of all the goals created for a tag.
- If you edit a tag or goal, previously collected information doesn't change.
- If you delete a goal, information collected for it is no longer available in reports.