Track clicks on an email address
If you use an email address as a contact or feedback link on a site, it may be useful to track its effectiveness, because the number of emails doesn't always match the number of attempts to write. For example, you may discover an error in the configuration of an email link or other reasons why users click the link but don't send an email.
- For all email addresses on a site. Yandex.Metrica recognizes email addresses by the presence of
mailto:<address>in links. For example:
<a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">Write message</a>
For a specific email address. Use this method, for example, to track different email addresses for different departments.
Yandex.Metrica searches for mailto:<specified address> in links.
- In Yandex.Metrica, go to the Goals page in the left menu.
- Click Add goal.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the goal to create.
- Select the goal type Click on email.
- Select which email addresses to create a target for. If you chose Specific address, enter the same address in the field as in the link. For example, email@example.com. Make sure the spelling matches.
- Click Add goal. The created goal will appear in the list of goals. Yandex.Metrica will start collecting statistics on it within a few minutes.
- This type of goal can't be used in Multi-step goals.
- The service registers a user that completes the same goal on the same tag no more than once per second.
- During a single user session, the service can register up to 400 completions of all the goals created for a tag.
- If you edit a tag or goal, previously collected information doesn't change.
- If you delete a goal, information collected for it, is no longer available in reports.