Use this type of goal to find out how many times visitors click a button or another clickable element on the website.
In Yandex.Metrica, you can create goals for specific buttons. Yandex.Metrica recognizes clickable website elements by the presence of the following tags: a, button, div, and input.
- In Yandex.Metrica, go to the Goals page in the left menu.
- Click Add goal.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the goal to create.
- Select the Button click type of goal.
- In the field, specify the website page that contains the button. By default, the most popular URL on the tag is shown. Click Go and select a button.
In Select an element mode, hover over the desired button, select it, and click Track clicks. To go to another page or open a pop-up window, select Interaction with the site mode.
- Click Add goal. The created goal will appear in the list of goals. Yandex.Metrica will start collecting statistics on it within a few minutes.
- Check whether the goal is working correctly.
- This type of goal can't be used in Multi-step goals.
- A maximum of 200 goals can be set for each tag.
- The service registers a user that completes the same goal on the same tag no more than once per second.
- During a single user session, the service can register up to 400 completions of all the goals created for a tag.
- If you edit a tag or goal, previously collected information doesn't change.
- If you delete a goal, information collected for it is no longer available in reports.