Questions and answers on reports
- Data is not collected in reports
- Yandex.Metrica data differ from other counters
- Statistics are combined for domains with and without the "www" prefix
- The Ad systems report does not have any data or has incomplete data
- My site is shown in Traffic sources: Sites reports
- Data from Yandex.Metrica reports and Yandex.Direct statistics are different
- The link map is not displayed on my site
Data is not collected in reports
The main reasons why the counter might not collect data are:
- The counter is not installed on the site.
- The counter is installed incorrectly.
Other scripts are blocking the Yandex.Metrica counter on the site. You can check this in the browser console.
To fix errors, contact the employee who is responsible for website support.
- The counter is blocked by the Adblock Plus extension.
- The mc.yandex.ru domain is blocked in the hosts file on your OS.
Yandex.Metrica data differ from other counters
Statistics from multiple counters will always vary. This usually occurs for the following reasons:
The code for the counters is installed incorrectly. Some browsers may ignore this code, while some may be able to handle it.
The code for counters is installed at the bottom of an HTML page. If the user stops loading such a page and it doesn't load completely, some of the counters may not have time to register the session.
- Ad blockers prevent certain counters from being loaded.
Part of the counters do not count the display due to errors on the statistics server or interruptions to the internet connection.
- The counters use different data processing algorithms.
Statistics are combined for domains with and without the "www" prefix
If the site is set up incorrectly, its address with the "www" prefix and its address without this prefix are interpreted as two different sites by search engines. To prevent this error from reflecting on counter results, we combine statistics for these domains.
To set up the site correctly, edit the .htaccess file on your server or contact your system administrator.
The “Ad systems” report does not have any data or has incomplete data
For correct calculation of traffic from various ad systems, you must use UTM or OpenStat tags.
For information about using tags, see the instructions for setting up the report.
My site is shown in “Traffic sources: Sites” reports
If a site user is inactive longer than the time specified in the counter settings (the session timeout), and does not close the browser window, a new “session” is created when the user resumes activity. In the report, this session will be shown in the Internal traffic field.
users navigate to your site over the HTTP protocol from a site that is only available over HTTPS (more information about switching to HTTPS).
For more information about using tags, see the section Tags.
Data from Yandex.Metrica reports and Yandex.Direct statistics are different
In order for Yandex.Metrica reports to show information about Yandex.Direct campaigns, you need to take these steps in Yandex.Direct on the Campaign parameters page:
- Enter the counter number in the Metrica counters box.
- Keep the Tag links for Yandex.Metrica option enabled (URLs from Yandex.Direct ads will have the yclid=... tag appended to them).
For more information about reasons for data discrepancies, see the section Yandex.Direct.
The link map is not displayed on my site
If the link map, click map, or scroll map does not load when going to the site from Yandex.Metrica, you can use the Extension for Mozilla Firefox or for Google Chrome. These extensions let you quickly go to Yandex.Metrica statistics and launch the link map, click map, and scroll map.