“Ad systems” report
This report shows data on traffic from ads in various ad systems.
The following additional conditions must be met to collect statistics:
In order for the report to show information about Yandex.Direct campaigns, you need to take these steps in Yandex.Direct on the Campaign parameters page:
- Enter the counter number in the Metrica counters box.
- Keep the Tag links for Yandex.Metrica option enabled (URLs from Yandex.Direct ads will have the yclid=... tag appended to them).
- To accurately detect Yandex.Display as the traffic source, you can use UTM or Openstat tags, which should specify the yadisplay value for
utm_sourceor Openstat Service.
- Other advertising systems
Yandex.Metrica receives information about different advertising systems from tags, which are parameters in the ad's link. If an ad system does not add a special tag to your link, you can manually form the link using UTM or Openstat tags, where
utm_sourceor, respectively, Openstat Service should be set as:
- adfox — for AdFox
- admitad — for Admitad
- adnews — for AdNews
- adnous — for ADNOUS
- adriver — for AdRiver
- advmaker — for AdvMaker.ru
- aport (aport.ru) — for Aport
- AvitoPromo — for Avito Promo
- AvitoContext — for AvitoContext
- begun — for Begun
- bing — for Bing Ads
- B2BContext — for B2BContext
- criteo — for Criteo
- directadvert (directadvert.ru) — for Direct/ADVERT
- drivenetwork — for DriveNetwork
- facebook (fb, facebook.com, fb.com) — for Facebook
- giraffio — for giraffe.io (AppCity)
- google (adwords, adsense) — for Google
- instagram — for Instagram
- kavanga — for Kavanga
- ladycenter — for Ladycenter
- link — for LinkRU
- magna — for Magna Context
- marketgid — for MarketGid
- medialand — for Medialand
- merchant — for Google Merchant
- moimir — for Moi mir Mail.ru
- nnn (nnn.ru) — for NNN (National News Network)
- odnoklassniki — for Odnoklassniki
- price (price.ru) — for Price.ru
- prre — for PRRE.RU
- mytarget (targetmailru) — for myTarget (Target Mail.ru)
- taboola — for Taboola
- torg.mail.ru — for Mail.ru Market
- trorer (rorer) — for RORER
- Ttarget — for tTarget
- ubn.ua (banner.ua) — for Ukrainian Banner Network
- videonow — for Videonow.ru
- vkontakte (vk, vk.com) — for VK
- whisla — for Whisla
- youtube — for YouTube
Then use the resulting URL in your ad campaign.
If the UTM tag specifies a different value for the utm_source parameter that isn't listed above, Yandex.Metrica identifies the traffic source from the value of the utm_medium parameter: cpc, ppc, paidsearch, cpv, cpa, cpp, display, cpm or banner. In the report, these sessions will be assigned to the source Other ad: determined by tags.
In some cases, the source might be unknown. The string Yandex: Unknown means that some of the session characteristics were not detected, although the session itself was registered in the system.
For example, for sessions originating from Yandex.Direct, this means that the session that Yandex.Metrica registered couldn't be traced to a specific click-through from Yandex.Direct. So besides the advertising system itself, the rest of the data couldn't be detected either: the campaign, keyword, query, and so on.
- The user clicked an ad but left the source page open on a browser tab, and later refreshed it.
- The user clicked a link from an ad, but then forwarded it to someone else. A repeat visit using this link won't be associated with the click from Yandex.Direct, either.
- Redirects on the site may cause yclid tags to disappear from the link and lose the referrer.
There are many reasons why sessions might be “undetected” in Yandex.Metrica. For example, the reason for Yandex: Unknown appearing in a Yandex.Direct source might be a gap in time between generating the yclid tag and registering the session in Yandex.Metrica. This can happen in the following situations: