What are goals? Types of goals
- Tracking user actions (such as pageviews and button clicks).
A goal is an action that the site owner wants a user to complete: viewing a particular number of pages, going to a specific page, clicking a button, clicking a link, making a purchase, and so on.
When users visit your site and interact with it, Yandex.Metrica collects information about this and registers goal completions (conversions). This data is used to calculate so-called conversion metrics.
A conversion is the point at which the user completes the condition that is set in the goal parameters.
A converted user is the user who completed the condition that is set in the goal parameters.
A converted session is a session in which a conversion occurred. A single converted session may include multiple completions of the same goal.
The conversion rate is the percentage of conversions out of the total number of sessions.
You have a site with educational courses. The site allows users to fill out an application to participate. In this case, submitting the form could be considered the conversion. A site user who submitted the form is a converted user. And the session during which the user submitted the form is a converted session.
Goals are divided into several types depending on their conversion criteria .
- Page depth. Viewing a particular number of pages on the site.
- Page view. Viewing the specified pages on the site.
- Track clicks on email. Tracking clicks on all addresses on the site or the specified address.
- Track clicks on phone numbers. Tracking clicks on all phone numbers on the site or the specified phone number.
A multi-step goal combines the types of goals listed above, except for clicks on phone numbers and email.
- Retargeting goals are set as retargeting conditions in your ad campaign settings in Yandex.Direct.
- Conversion goals aren't used that way.