The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulates the collection and processing of personal information belonging to citizens of the European economic area. It is intended to improve data privacy and require transparency for all steps involved in collecting, storing, and processing information in the internet. The legislation is effective as of May 25, 2018.
- Read and confirm acceptance of the Yandex.Metrica data processing agreement when you create or edit a tag.
- Recognizes form fields where users might enter confidential information. This information is automatically masked with asterisks. Learn more about Session Replay settings that allow the recording of user actions.
- Allows masking of users' IP addresses. If you enable this option, note that it might reduce the accuracy of location data in Yandex.Metrica reports.
Site users can:
- Install a blocker that will stop the Yandex.Metrica tracking tag on all sites that they visit.
- Use the browser console when visiting pages that they don't want to be tracked on. This will prevent the tag from working on these specific pages.