Automatic goals for e-commerce
Yandex.Metrica knows if a website is an online store, even if the site has not enabled E-commerce. In this case, Yandex.Metrica can automatically create goals:
- “Basket” – For tracking sessions on the shopping basket page.
- “Purchase” – For tracking the number of orders.
For Yandex.Metrica to start collecting data, enable the option Automatic goals in the tag settings.
Similar conversions can also be tracked using these goals:
- Page view – For registering sessions on the shopping basket page.
- E-commerce. When data is transmitted for the first time, the “eCommerce: Purchase (tag No. <tag ID>)” goal is created. Use it in Yandex.Direct to get data on revenue from an ad campaign.
In addition, you can use E-commerce to get more complete information about users' interactions with products (for example, viewing the product card and deleting the product from the cart). After enabling E-commerce, you get access to detailed reports on products, orders, and the users who placed them.
- If automatic goals were not created, enable E-commerce.
- This type of goal can't be used in Multi-step goals.
- Automatic goals are not counted in the total number of tag goals.
- The service registers a user that completes the same goal on the same tag no more than once per second.
- During a single user session, the service can register up to 400 completions of all the goals created for a tag.
- If you edit a tag or goal, previously collected information doesn't change.
- If you delete a goal, information collected for it, is no longer available in reports.