Enabling Yandex.Direct reports
- Conditions for getting reports
- Access to reports
- Calculating Yandex.Direct ad campaign expenses
- Differences between data in Yandex.Metrica and Yandex.Direct reports
Conditions for getting reports
To display “Yandex.Direct” reports in Yandex.Metrica: in Yandex.Direct, go to the Edit campaign page. Under Yandex.Metrica tags, select the tag installed on your site. If a tag isn't linked to an ad campaign, traffic from ads are assigned in Yandex.Metrica reports to the “Third-party campaigns” source.
A yclid tag with a unique click number is automatically added to all ad links. Make sure your site correctly opens links with tags. When a user clicks on an ad, the Yandex.Metrica tag on your site tracks the tag and links the session to the specific click.
Access to reports
Yandex.Direct, summary and Yandex.Direct, sites reports become accessible in Yandex.Metrica after you configure your ad campaign in Yandex.Direct. To gain access to the Yandex.Direct, costs report, you need to enable some special settings.
Calculating Yandex.Direct ad campaign expenses
Starting May 27, 2020, Yandex.Metrica calculates expenses for Yandex.Direct campaigns in the same way as Yandex.Direct does by default: without VAT. So the “Yandex.Direct” group reports and the Sources, costs, and ROI report display such metric values as CPC, Average CPC, Average goal completion cost, and Average converted session cost without VAT for the current and past periods.
Differences between data in Yandex.Metrica and Yandex.Direct reports
Statistics for a Yandex.Direct ad campaign may differ from data for the same campaign in Yandex.Metrica. Yandex.Direct statistics reflect clicks that weren't filtered out by the anti-fraud system. Only these registered (valid) clicks are included in Yandex.Direct statistics.
The Ad systems report shows the number of sessions for all clicks, both registered and unregistered. The Yandex.Direct, summary, Yandex.Direct, sites, and Yandex.Direct, costs reports show sessions for registered clicks (you can't see sessions for unregistered clicks in these reports).
Furthermore, the number of clicks registered in Yandex.Direct and the number of sessions and clicks shown in Yandex.Metrica reports may differ. Here are some reasons why a click or pageview might not be counted by Yandex.Metrica:
- The code snippet was placed on the website incorrectly. Check the code snippet.
- The tag ID wasn't specified in the Yandex.Direct campaign settings, or the Tag links for Yandex.Metrica option wasn't turned on.
- After clicking an ad, the user closed the web page before the Yandex.Metrica tag loaded (on a mobile device, for example). In this case, the discrepancy in indicators can reach 25%.
- Cyclical redirect is installed on the website.
- Ad blockers that may contain rules for blocking tags are set up on the browser, the user's OS, or a corporate proxy server.
- The tag didn't load on the site because the user's browser (or the corporate proxy server) has a plugin that prohibits downloading tracking tags.
- The user's antivirus system blocks the tag from loading.
- Technical problems related to the distance to the server that receives the tag information, or the traffic level for that internet provider.
These reasons can't be controlled by Yandex.Metrica.