Checking the tag
- Append the ym_debug parameter with the value 1 to the page URL in the browser's address bar, and reload the page.
- Open the browser console with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + J (⌥ + ⌘ + J for Apple OS).
If the snippet is installed correctly, the console will show the tag ID and the data that is sent by the snippet.
Information might be missing in the console for the following reasons:
- The tag is not installed on the site.
- The tag is installed incorrectly.
Other scripts are blocking the Yandex.Metrica tag on the site. You can check this in the browser console. To fix errors, contact the employee who is responsible for website support.
- The tag is blocked by the Adblock Plus extension.
- The mc.yandex.ru domain is blocked in the hosts file on your OS.
- The tag is installed incorrectly. For example, the CMS modified the code snippet. Reinstall the tag or contact the support service for your CMS.
- Broken scripts are preventing the Yandex.Metrica tag from working on the site. You can check this in the browser console.
- Data is sent to a tag with a different number.
- The Filters tab in the tag settings has overly strict filters defined. Remove unneeded filters.
- The Filters tab in the tag settings has the Don't count my sessions filter enabled. This means that the tag doesn't register your own sessions. Try accessing the site with your browser in “incognito” mode.
This might happen for the following reasons: