Connecting Facebook Ads to upload spending data
If you place ads in Facebook or Instagram, you can set up regular transmission of data on advertising expenses in Yandex.Metrica. You can use it to compare the performance of ads in Facebook or Instagram with other paid channels.
Information about ad campaign expenses and clicks is transferred from your Facebook Ads account to Yandex.Metrica if the ad leads to an external site. When data is transmitted, Yandex.Metrica compares the URL in ads with the site address in the tag settings. This ensures that only information about an advertising campaign that was created for your site is uploaded.
Data on expenses is transmitted daily for the past seven days, so statistics are regularly supplemented and updated. To view statistics, use the Sources, costs, and ROI report.
Data is transmitted to Yandex.Metrica without VAT in the currency specified in the Facebook Ads account. If you pass data in multiple currencies, you can select a specific currency when viewing the report. More information about exchange rates and currency selection
- How to connect the service
- How to delete data from Yandex.Metrica
- Unlink the Yandex.Metrica tag from the Facebook Ads account.
- Questions and answers
How to connect the service
If you have multiple Yandex.Metrica accounts, use the one that you will use to work with expense data. You can only create a connection for one account in Yandex.Metrica. This is to ensure the data is protected. However, you can create multiple connections for a single account in Yandex.Metrica.
- In Yandex.Metrica, go to Settings (Upload data tab).
- Under Advertising expenses (Automatic cost upload), choose Facebook Ads.
- Click Connect Facebook Ads.
- Select the Business Manager Account that you use to work with the ad campaign.
- Add the name of the connection and select the advertising account that you want to upload data from. What to do if there are no available accounts.
- Click Save.
- Make sure that your Yandex account has access to the tags that you need to create a connection for.
- Create a connection as described above for one of the tags.
- For the other tags, select the connection created in step 2.
To change the connection name, go to the connection settings and enter a new name.
How to delete data from Yandex.Metrica
We recommend deleting data by date and UTM tags.
Unlink the Yandex.Metrica tag from the Facebook Ads account.
Go to the Yandex.Metrica Customization page and delete the connected Facebook Ads account.
Questions and answers
For the past seven days.
It is not possible to find out the username after the connection has already been made. This is to ensure the security of your data. We recommend contacting your colleagues for information.
You probably don't have access to the Facebook advertising account. Check whether the account you created the connection under has access to the advertising account.
If you don't have any ad campaigns or don't have access to Facebook Ads campaigns, create and configure ad campaigns.
You may have access to advertising accounts under a different Facebook account. In this case, delete the current connection and create a new one from the account that has access to the advertising account on Facebook.
Yandex.Metrica uploads expense data once a day. The current day's expenses do not appear in tag reports until the next day.