By default, notifications are enabled for all chats. You can change notification settings for private chats with other users.
If you enable notifications in the settings for an individual chat, but disable them in the general settings, you won't receive any notifications.
- Open the chat list.
- Go to the Profile tab.
- Under Show notifications, move the slider as follows:
- To the left: Disable notifications.
- To the right: Enable notifications.
- Open a chat.
- In the upper-right corner, select the three dots icon.
- Select Disable notifications or Enable notifications.