Traffic jams and road events
To show visual traffic information, tap Traffic (to hide it, just tap again).
The traffic jam level is indicated by color:
- — traffic is moving freely
- — traffic is moving slower in this area
- — traffic is jammed up
- — no movement
If there is no reliable traffic data for a given area at the time, then you will not see a color indicator.
When this mode is turned on, the Traffic button displays information about the traffic jam level using a point scale: .
Traffic conditions are measured on a ten-point scale:
- 1 — Roads are clear.
- 2 — Roads are mostly clear.
- 3 — There are some points of congestion.
- 4 — There are some points of congestion.
- 5 — Heavy traffic
- 6 — Bumper-to-bumper traffic
- 7 — Serious traffic jams
- 8 — Traffic is backed up for kilometers.
- 9 — It is impossible to drive through the city.
- 10 — It would be faster to walk.
To find out how fast traffic is moving on a given part of the road, hold your cursor over it:
When Traffic mode is turned on, you will see the Traffic settings button, which opens the “Traffic” toolbar when you click on it.
On the Today toolbar, you'll see a traffic prognosis for the upcoming hour. Move the slider between Now — In an hour:
To view road events on the map (road work, accidents, etc.) enable the Road events option in the toolbar. Click it to see a message about events:
To see traffic statistics for different days or times, go to the Statistics tab in the traffic toolbar, click on a day, and move the slider to the appropriate time. For example, Wed, 14:00:
The map will display traffic for that time.