Search on map
On Yandex.Maps, you can find:
In the search results for [Moscow], you'll see results for the city, river, and hotel named “Moscow.”
By combination of place name and place type:
In the search results for [Moscow river], you'll see results for the Moscow river specifically.
By geographic coordinates:
In the search results for [79°30′ N 76°54′ E] you'll see Vize Island in the Kara Sea.
- By name (in the search results for [pharmacy] you'll see all pharmacies located within the current map area).
- By combination of name and place name (in search results for [pharmacy, street name] you'll see pharmacies in the area of the street indicated).
Public transport route: by its type and number (for example, “Bus 39”). You will see the route line and the icons of the vehicles moving on the map in real time (see the Public transport section for more details).
- Enter your query in the search bar.
As you type it, you're offered search suggestions to save you time while entering your query:
- Places found on the map are shown as placemarks, their appearance depending on the place type (for example, ). The place card or list of places displays simultaneously on the slide-out panel in the left part of the screen.
To get information about one or more places, hover the cursor over a placemark and a yellow frame will appear around that place in the list. The opposite is also true: to highlight a placemark, hover the cursor over the corresponding place in the list:
- To get detailed information about a location, click on its placemark or name in the list and its place card opens: The entrance to the building is shown with a red arrow: .
The list of places will not disappear when you view the place card: just click the “back” arrow in the search bar to return to it.
To close a place card, click in the upper-right corner of the card.Note.
If you search for a place by entering geographic coordinates, make sure you enter them correctly:
- Coordinates should be entered as [latitude, longitude] (separated by a comma and indicated in decimal degrees with a decimal point between the whole number and the fraction). For example: 55.777044,37.555554.
The maximum number of decimal places is seven.
- By default, the system searches for an option [North latitude, East longitude].
If you want to enter other values, you can use the following search options (N or С — North, S or Ю — South, E or В — East, W or З — West):
S55.777044,W37.555554 or 55.777044S,37.555554W.