Share a map
- Copy the URL from your browser address bar. Other users can view the same map fragment by opening this link.
- Generate a link and send it to another user.
- Get a code snippet for embedding the Yandex.Maps widget on your site or blog.
- If you created your own map, see the My maps (Map Constructor) section to find out how to copy your link to share it with friends.
Getting a link
In the form that opens, click the icon for the appropriate social network to post a link automatically, or copy the link to send it to another user.
- If you can't or don't want to use the Share menu, you can generate a link yourself by using the Yandex.Maps URL scheme (for instance, if you want to generate links to Yandex.Maps automatically by inputting a user's location on a website).
Embedding the Yandex.Maps widget in your site or blog
The map widget can be posted on a website or a blog.
You can use an automatically generated code snippet for embeds:
In the menu that opens, click Share .
To localize the map on your site (so that toponyms, controls, and units of measurement appear in the correct language), modify the embed code for your site.
Add the lang parameter to the code you copied. It determines the interface language and area of the map that will display on the site. Parameter values are specified using the ISO 639-1 format for language codes (for example, ru — Russian, uk — Ukrainian), and the ISO 3166-1 format for region codes (for example, RU — Russia, UA — Ukraine). So the entry lang="tr_TR" designates that Turkish is used and the country is Turkey.
parameter not specified —
<iframe src="https://api-maps.yandex.ru/frame/v1/-/CVh7YBYg?" width="560" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>
parameter specified (English for Russia) —
<iframe src="https://api-maps.yandex.ru/frame/v1/-/CVh7YBYg?lang=en_RU" width="560" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>
If the lang parameter is not specified, then the locale and language used to view the map will be determined based on your map settings when you receive the code.
For Russia and Ukraine, the user's settings in Yandex.Passport determine the region and language used when viewing the map. For example, if the user's language in Yandex.Passport is Russian and they are viewing a map in Kiev that was created somewhere in RU or UA, then the map will display in Russian, but be localized to Ukraine.
If the lang parameter is specified, then the region will be determined by the value that was set regardless of where the map was created.
Supported parameter values:
ru_RU: Russian, Russia
en_US: English, USA
en_RU: English, Russia
ru_UA: Russian, Ukraine
uk_UA: Ukrainian, Ukraine
tr_TR: Turkish, Turkey
This parameter is similar to the "lang" parameter that is used in .
For the territories of RU, UA and TR, distance displays in kilometers. For the US, it is in miles.