1. What is Yandex Map Editor
YME is a service that allows users to mark up maps and add additional levels of detail to them.
When you become a Yandex Map Editor author, you can create and edit various types of map items: roads, streets, villages, houses, organizations, gardens, rivers, wells, etc. After moderation, the new item is added to Yandex.Maps.
That way others can search for that map item and use it to plot better routes. The map will become more rich in information as users continue to contribute to the project.
You can discuss specific questions with the moderators and other Yandex.Maps users in the item comments (if your question relates to a specific item) or in the Yandex Map Editor Club.
You can read the FAQ below or in the Yandex Map Editor Club.
Send any reports or suggestions you have to the Yandex Map Editor support staff and they will respond ASAP.
Yandex Map Editor FAQs
- How do I add a No Turn or No Entry sign?
- How do I add a boom gate or checkpoint?
- How do I draw a road?
- How do I add a traffic light?
- How do I add a speed camera?
- How do I change the speed limit?
- How do I draw a parking area along a street or highway?
- How do I draw a parking area within a block, near a shopping center or business?
For more information, see 3.4. Buildings.
For more information, see 3.4.3. Building entrances: drawing and attribution rules.
For more information, see Section 2.11 Reports and recommendations for inaccuracies on the map
- You can find detailed information in Yandex Map Editor Help: