1. What is Yandex Map Editor
YME is a service that allows users to mark up maps and add additional levels of detail to them.
When you become a Yandex Map Editor author, you can create and edit various types of map items: roads, streets, villages, houses, organizations, gardens, rivers, wells, etc. After the new map item passes moderation, it is added to Yandex.Maps .
That way others can search for that map item and use it to plot better routes. The map will become more rich in information as users continue to contribute to the project.
You can have a discussion about the Map editor in the Yandex Map Editor Club or in an item's comment section if your issue pertains to that particular item.
You can read the FAQ below or in the Yandex Map Editor Club.
Send any reports or suggestions you have to the Yandex Map Editor support staff and they will respond ASAP.
Yandex Map Editor FAQs
- How do I add a No Turn or No Entry sign?
- How do I add a lifting gate or checkpoint?
- How do I draw a road?
- How do I add a traffic light?
- How do I add a speed monitoring camera?
- How do I change the speed limit?
- How do I add a parking area located along a street or highway?
- How do I add a parking area within a block, near a shopping center, or near an organization?
For more information, see section 3.5. Addresses.
For more information, see section 3.4. Buildings.
For more information, see section 3.4.3. Building entrances: rules for drawing and adding attributes.
For more information, see sections 3.6. Locations, 3.4.3. Building entrances: rules for drawing and adding attributes.
For more information, see 2.11. Reports and suggestions for inaccuracies on the map
- You can find detailed information in Yandex Map Editor Help: