What is Manul?
Manul is an antivirus tool for your website.
- Collects information about the site's files (size, date of creation, last edit, and so on).
- Flags malware and suspicious files.
- Provides results in XML format.
Before installing the tool, make sure your server meets the technical requirements.
- Download the installation file.
- Place the manul.zip archive in the website's root directory.
- Unpack the archive in the root directory.
To launch the installed utility, open the page <your site address>/manul/index.php in a browser. Next, make up a password and enter it on the page that opens. You will need to enter this password each time you open the utility.
A hash of the password is saved in encrypted format in the file config.php on your server (<your site address>/manul/tmp/). If you forget your password, delete this file from the server. Then re-launch Manul and enter a new password.
To remove the utility, go to the page <your site address>/manul/index.php and click Delete Manul. The manul directory and the manul.zip archive will be deleted (together with archives of quarantine and check logs, if they remained on the server).