New message notification
If you have several mailboxes, you can receive notifications in Yandex.Mail about your other email accounts. To set up notifications:
- Click in the upper-right corner.
- Select Message filters.
- Click Create filter.
- Under Apply, choose the type of message to apply the filter to:
- Under If, set the filter conditions:
To learn more about creating filters, see this dedicated article.
- You can specify several conditions for one filter. These conditions can be met simultaneously or separately:
- In the If block, click Add condition.
- Specify if these conditions must be met simultaneously:
- Under Take the following action, enable Send notification to and enter the address where notifications will be sent.
- Click Create a rule. Enter your Yandex password.Note. If you have two-factor authentication enabled, use the one-time password generated by the Yandex.Key app.
- Check the mailbox you entered for receiving notifications. You will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm receiving notifications. After confirmation, you will receive new email notifications in the specified mailbox.
I don't receive notifications
There are a few reasons why this might occur:
- Yandex.Passport doesn't have all your information
Enter your valid personal details in Yandex.Passport and link your phone number to your account. It may be that our security system considers your account suspicious and blocked the mailbox. This usually happens if you don't link a phone number to your mailbox or enter a fake name in Yandex.Passport. It usually takes a couple of hours to have your account unblocked.
- The filter isn't set up or your address hasn't yet been verified
- Not enough time has passed since configuring the filter
Wait a few minutes after setting up a message filter because it may take some time for it to be activated.
- The filtering conditions are specified incorrectly
Check the properties and parameters.
- There are filters with higher priority in the list of filters
If the list contains filters higher up with the same conditions, or one of the filters higher up has the Ignore other filters option selected, this may affect how the rule is implemented. For more information, see Filter priority.
- Email imported by the mail importer is not in my Inbox
If you receive an email from another account of yours (meaning you have email importing enabled, and the email isn't in your Inbox), the filters don't apply.
- The receiving mailbox has inbox filters enabled
If the receiving mailbox has filters that delete incoming email or move it to Spam, the messages will immediately disappear from the Inbox folder upon arrival.