Forwarding email to another address
- Incoming email that is already in your Inbox
- Sent email
- Outgoing emails
- Email from the Spam folder
- Click in the upper-right corner.
- Select Message filters.
- Click Create filter.
- Under Apply, choose the type of message to apply the filter to:
- Under If, set the filter conditions:
To learn more about creating filters, see this dedicated article.
- You can specify several conditions for one filter. These conditions can be met simultaneously or separately:
- In the If block, click Add condition.
- Specify if these conditions must be met simultaneously:
- Enable the Forward to option and enter the address to forward messages to. To keep copies of forwarded messages, enable save a copy when forwarding.Note. You can enter only one email address in the Forward to field. To forward emails to several mailboxes, create a forwarding rule for each address. For proper forwarding, enable save a copy when forwarding in all rules.
- Click Create a rule. Enter your Yandex password.Note. If you have two-factor authentication enabled, use the one-time password generated by the Yandex.Key app.
- Check the mailbox that you entered for mail to be forwarded to. You will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm email forwarding. After confirmation, new email will be redirected to the specified mailbox.
Forward old emails
In order to collect old email from another Yandex mailbox:
- Log in to the mailbox you want to collect email from.
- Click in the upper-right corner.
- Choose Import mail from other mailboxes.
- Click Email clients and select From the imap.yandex.com server via the IMAP protocol.
- Click Save changes (the button appears after you select new entries or deselect other entries on the list).
- Create an importer for your current mailbox.
- If you configured the mail forwarding filter, disable the mail fetcher after all old emails have been forwarded. Otherwise, the emails will arrive in the new mailbox in duplicate. You can also disable the forwarding filter and keep only the messages from the importer.
Forwarding doesn't work
There are a few reasons why this might occur:
- Yandex.Passport doesn't have all your information
Enter your valid personal details in Yandex.Passport and link your phone number to your account. It may be that our security system considers your account suspicious and blocked the mailbox. This usually happens if you don't link a phone number to your mailbox or enter a fake name in Yandex.Passport. It usually takes a couple of hours to have your account unblocked.
- The filter isn't set up or your address hasn't yet been verified
- Not enough time has passed since configuring the filter
Wait a few minutes after setting up a message filter because it may take some time for it to be activated.
- The filtering conditions are specified incorrectly
Check the properties and parameters.
- There are filters with higher priority in the list of filters
If the list contains filters higher up with the same conditions, or one of the filters higher up has the Ignore other filters option selected, this may affect how the rule is implemented. For more information, see Filter priority.
- Email imported by the mail importer is not in my Inbox
If you receive an email from another account of yours (meaning you have email importing enabled, and the email isn't in your Inbox), the filters don't apply.
- The receiving mailbox has inbox filters enabled
If the receiving mailbox has filters that delete incoming email or move it to Spam, the messages will immediately disappear from the Inbox folder upon arrival.
The “Save copy” option is disabled, but message copies are still being saved
Perhaps a forwarding filter in the Perform action section includes Mark as read as one of the actions. In that case, a message copy would be saved automatically.