Creating and configuring filters
Create a filter
- Open the menu Create filter. and click on
In the Apply section, select the type of emails in the list that you want the filter to apply to:
In the If section, enter the filtering condition:
For more information about parameters and values, see the How to set a condition section.
Several conditions can be specified for one filter. These conditions can be met simultaneously or separately:
- In the If section, click Add condition, and select the parameter and its value.
- Please, specify if these conditions must be fulfilled simultaneously:
- In the Take the following action section, decide what you want to do with the email: delete it, mark it as read, put it in a folder, or label it.
- You can enable the Ignore other filters option if necessary (see Filter priority).
- Click enter a name if you would like to name the filter.
- To save a filter, click Create filter.
You can find out what existing emails are being filtered. Just click on the filter itself, and then Check filter.
Edit a filter
To edit, disable or delete a filter, use the links to the right of the corresponding filter on the Message filters page.
Filters are applied in the same order as they are listed on the Message filters page: the higher the file is in the list, the higher its priority. If you would like to raise the priority of a filter, drag it up to a higher position.
If you have several filters with the same conditions and select Ignore other filters in one of them, the filters below this one will not be applied, while the ones above it will be used.
The filter isn't working
There are a few reasons why this might occur:
- Not enough time has passed since you configured the filter
- Wait a few minutes after setting up a message filter, because it might not begin working immediately.
- The filter conditions are entered incorrectly
- Check the properties and parameters conditions.
- There are filters with higher priority in the list of filters
- If the list contains filters higher up with the same conditions, or one of the filters higher up has the Ignore other filters option selected, this may affect how the filter is implemented. For more information, see Filter priority.
If the filter does not work a few minutes later and changing the settings does not help, please contact Yandex.Mail Support using the feedback form at the bottom of the page.