Automatic message sorting by folder
If you receive a lot of email from various senders (such as from work, from friends, and from social networks), Yandex.Mail can help you sort them into folders. To set up automatic message sorting:
- Click in the upper-right corner.
- Select Message filters.
- Click Create filter.
- Under Apply, choose the type of message to apply the filter to:
- Under If, set the filter conditions:
To learn more about creating filters, see this dedicated article.
- You can specify several conditions for one filter. These conditions can be met simultaneously or separately:
- In the If block, click Add condition.
- Specify if these conditions must be met simultaneously:
- For emails to automatically go to specific folders, enable the option Put in folder and then select a folder from the list on the right. If you want emails to be automatically marked with a specific label, enable the Apply label option and then select a label from the list on the right.
Messages are placed in the Inbox if no filter is enabled or they don't match the filtering conditions.Tip. You can create basic sorting rules in the menu. Select the folder or label you need and click Create filter. Specify the conditions for sorting emails and then click Create filter again.
Auto-sorting doesn't work
There are a few reasons why this might occur:
- Yandex ID doesn't have all your information
Enter your valid personal details in Yandex ID and link your phone number to your account. It may be that our security system considers your account suspicious and blocked the mailbox. This usually happens if you don't link a phone number to your mailbox or enter a fake name in Yandex ID. It usually takes a couple of hours to have your account unblocked.
- Not enough time has passed since configuring the filter
Wait a few minutes after setting up a message filter, because it might not begin working immediately.
- The filtering conditions are specified incorrectly
Check the properties and parameters.
- There are filters with higher priority in the list of filters
If the list contains filters higher up with the same conditions, or one of the filters higher up has the Ignore other filters option selected, this may affect how the rule is implemented. For more information, see Filter priority.
- Email imported by the mail importer is not in my Inbox
If you receive an email from another account of yours (meaning you have email importing enabled, and the email isn't in your Inbox), the filters don't apply.
If the filter does not start working within a few minutes and changing the settings does not help, contact Yandex.Mail support using the feedback form at the bottom of the page.
Email messages are deleted or sorted into folders automatically
Make sure there are no mail filters that delete incoming messages or move them to other folders. If this is the case, temporarily disable them and check if messages arrive in your Inbox folder.
If there is a filter that you didn't create, it was probably created automatically. This can happen if you move an email to another folder and click “Yes” on a pop-up that says “Move these types of emails?”