The following standard folders are available in the mailbox:
Sent. All emails you send
Trash. All messages that you manually deleted or that were deleted with by automatic message sorting.
Spam. Email identified as spam.
- Outbox. Emails that were not sent due to problems with the internet connection. Once the Internet connection is restored, the emails will be sent automatically.
- Archive. Folder for old emails.Note. If the Archive doesn't contain any messages, the folder is not displayed. To move a message to this folder, right-click the message and select Archive.
The standard labels do not change and cannot be deleted.
To add a personal folder, click Create folder under the folder list. You can add several personal folders, which are shown under the Inbox.
You can edit your personal folders on the Folders and labels page:
- Create folders inside the Inbox folder.
- Rename, empty, or delete folders.
- Mark all emails in the folder as read.
- Create filters for automatic sorting of emails.
Sorting a list of personal folders
Personal folders in a list can be moved and reordered by dragging and dropping the folder to a new place in the folder list.
If you cannot move a folder, make sure the allow dragging and dropping of messages and folders option is enabled in the mailbox settings.
By default, personal folders are sorted in alphabetical order. If you move one folder, the alphabetic order can't be automatically restored. But you can manually drag the folder to its previous location. New folders are then displayed at the bottom of the list and not in alphabetical order.
Folders I created have disappeared
Check if the folders you created are in the general list of folders in your mailbox settings. If they are there, but you don't see them in the email list:
- The option show only folders with unread messages is enabled in mailbox settings. Open the Other parameters page, turn this option off, and save your changes.
- The list of personal folders is collapsed. Click the corresponding icon to expand it.
- The list of all folders is collapsed to icons. In this case, only system folders are displayed. To expand the list of folders, click :
Move an email to a folder
Email messages are deleted or sorted into folders automatically
Make sure there are no mail filters that delete incoming messages or move them to other folders. If this is the case, temporarily disable them and check if messages arrive in your Inbox folder.
If there is a filter that you didn't create, it was probably created automatically. This can happen if you move an email to another folder and click “Yes” on a pop-up that says “Move these types of emails?”
Delete all email in a folder
- Click in the upper-right corner.
- Choose Folders and labels.
- Select a folder and click Empty.
- Choose if you want to move email to the Trash or delete them permanently.Note. You can't restore email you permanently delete.
- Click Empty.