Searching for messages
If you have a lot of messages in your mailbox and want to find them quickly, you can use the search function. To do this, enter the information you remember about the email in the search box, such as the sender's name, the receipt date, or some words from the email text.
Other ways to use the search box
If you can't remember what exact grammatical form of a word was used, type any form into the search field and Yandex.Mail will locate all your emails that contain a form of that word. For example, if you search for the word
estimate, you will find messages containing phrases like “I'm sending you the project estimate” or “Which of the two estimates is based on the new prices?”.
Yandex.Mail also finds the email you're looking for if you search by attachment name or by text contained in the attachment.
Search for emails in a folder or with a certain label
If you are in the Inbox folder, search results will include emails from all of your mail folders except Spam.
If you are in a certain folder or are viewing emails with a certain label, Yandex.Mail will, by default, search in this particular folder or among emails with this label. For example, if you are only looking at emails labeled From Fluffy, the search results will only show emails from your cat Fluffy, regardless of what you search for.
If you do not remember the full name of your contact, start typing it – Yandex.Mail will offer suggestions. Your previous searches will also appear in the Yandex.Mail suggestions.
- Don't show previous searches in suggestions
- Click in the upper-right corner.
- Choose Other.
- In the section include my previous searches in search suggestions., deselect the option
- Click Save changes.
If you want to set more complex search conditions, start typing your search query and then click (to the right of the search box) to select additional search parameters.
Here you can specify to search for:
- Only emails with attachments.
- The date or date range when the email was received.
- Name of folder.
- Sender's name.
- Recipient's name.
Other options under the More button:
- Which part of the message to search in — the subject or body.
- Whether to search in Important or Unread.
In the search results you will see a list of matching emails from all indicated folders of your mailbox, except the Spam folder.
Delete a message in search results
To delete an email after finding it in the list of search results, select it and click Delete. The email is then moved to the Trash, but still shown in the list.
To permanently delete the email from your mailbox, select it again and delete it. You won't be able to restore it later.
Search doesn't work
If you can't find a specific email:
- Make sure that your query doesn't contain errors.
- Try limiting the number of words in your query.
- If you remember any other information about the email (such as names of attached files), include them in the search query.
- If you use the advanced search option, make sure that all the settings are correct.