Attach files to a message
Upload from a computer
- Under the email text box, click.
- Select the files you want on your PC and then click Open.
If you attached a file by mistake, click in the upper-right corner of its thumbnail.
Many mail services don't accept attachments larger than 10 MB. If you're not sure that your attachment can be sent as is, send it in parts (in several messages) or attach the desired files to your message via Yandex.Disk.
If the attachments are larger than 25 MB, the files are automatically uploaded to Yandex.Disk in the Email attachments folder. To learn more, go to Help for Yandex.Disk.
Attach from Yandex.Disk
- Under the email text box, click.
- Select a file or folder and then click Attach.
The recipient will receive a message with links to download the attachments. The download links to the attachments will only be available to users who participate in the conversation.
If you can't attach a file from Yandex.Disk, it may be because you ran out of space there. To learn more, go to Help for Yandex.Disk.
Add from mail attachments
You can attach a file from a list of all the files you ever sent or received.
- Under the email body field, click.
- Select the folder that contains the email with the desired attachment.
- Select the file and click Attach.
Certain types of attachments can be opened directly in Yandex.Mail web interface without using additional applications. The following file types are supported:
- Documents: DOC/ DOCX, XLS/ XLSX, PPT/ PPTX, ODT, ODS, ODP, CSV, RTF, TXT, and PDF.
- Images: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, EPS, PSD, CDR, and AI.
- Archives: ZIP, RAR, and TAR.
If an email contains an attachment, it is displayed in the email list as a thumbnail or .
How to disable attachment thumbnails:
- Click in the upper-right corner.
- Select Other.
- Disable the show attachments in message list option.
You can view an attachment, save it to Yandex.Disk, and download it from the message page:
Viewing documents and archives
To view a certain document or archive, select it and then click View. The file will open in a new window.
The attached images are displayed as thumbnails. To open an image in the view mode, simply left-click its thumbnail.
To exit the view mode, click in the upper right-hand corner, or press Esc.
I can't attach a file
This might be happening for one of the following reasons:
- The browser doesn't display the page correctly
- Refresh the page by clicking Ctrl + F5 and try to attach the file again. If the problem persists, clear the browser cache and delete all cookies. If you're using Internet Explorer, try disabling the proxy server. Then try the intended action again.
- Extensions block Yandex.Mail
- Temporarily disable all plug-ins and extensions in the browser to check if they interfere with the correct operation of Yandex.Mail. If ad blockers or antivirus extensions are causing problems with Yandex.Mail, add the Yandex.Mail page to the list of exceptions.
- Insufficient space in Yandex.Disk
- If you see the message Couldn't attach file, insufficient space in Yandex.Disk, increase space on your Yandex.Disk. Attachments larger than 25 MB are automatically uploaded to Yandex.Disk in the “Email attachments” folder and added to emails as links. Delete unnecessary files and folders from Yandex.Disk or subscribe to Yandex 360 to get additional space. For more information on how to increase space, see Help for Yandex.Disk.
I get email without attachments
If you receive email without attachments and you are sure that the sender included them in their letter, the sender probably uses Microsoft Outlook. Files sent from Outlook are placed in a non-standard wrapper:
winmail.dat format. Files sent in this format can't be read in the Yandex.Mail web interface. Ask the sender to attach the file in the web interface or to upload it to Yandex.Drive and share the link.