To receive mail via Microsoft Outlook, you must first enable POP3 or IMAP support in your mailbox settings.
Configuring IMAP protocol
- Launch the program and click Next in the welcome screen.
- In the Configure your account window, leave Yes as the default value and click Next.
If you already have an Outlook account and want to add another, choose Add a new account.and click
- Select Manually configure the server parameters or additional server types and click Next.
- Leave the default value for Internet email and click Next.
- Specify the following account parameters:
Attention. If you are configuring the mail delivery from a mailbox like “email@example.com”, then specify only the first part of the address (before the @ sign) in the “User” field.
- Name — user name (for example, “James Kirk”);
- Email address — your Yandex Email address (for example, “firstname.lastname@example.org”);
- Type of account — IMAP;
- Incoming mail server — imap.yandex.ru;
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) — smtp.yandex.ru;
- User — your Yandex username;
- Password – your Yandex password (or the application password if you enabled two-factor authentication).
Leave default values for all other parameters and click Other settings.
- Go to the Outgoing mail server tab, enable the SMTP server requires authentication checkbox, and select the Same as incoming mail server value.
- Go to the Advanced tab. For the Use the following type of encrypted connection option, select SSL for the IMAP and SMTP servers. Set the following parameters:
- IMAP server — 993;
- SMTP server — 465.
- To finish account configuration, in the Add a new account window, click Next to validate the account settings you have specified. If all the settings are correct and confirmed, click Ready. If not, make sure that all the parameters are entered properly.
- Synchronize the newly created account with the server to obtain a list of folders.
- In the menu, open Email tab and click the Edit button. (Microsoft Outlook 2010 and later) or (Microsoft Outlook 2007 and earlier), then select the account on the
- Click Other settings and go to the Sent tab.
- Set the field Save the sent items in the following folder on the server and choose the Sent folder.