How do I select several messages at once?
- Select the first message by tapping the sender's image in the message row.
- Then choose other messages by tapping them.
How do I log out of my account?
To log out of your account, you need to remove (un-link) your inbox from the app. You can completely remove your inbox in one of the following ways:
- Method 1
- Pull the screen to the right.
- Tap and hold the image of the account you want.
- Confirm the deletion.
- Method 2
- Pull the screen to the right.
- Tap Settings (under the list of folders and labels).
- Choose the account you want to delete.
- Tap Delete account.
Where is the address book in the app?
Currently the app does not have its own address book. Instead, you can type the first letters of the recipient's name or email address in the To field, and the app will suggest possible options.
No connection with the server
Check whether you are connected to the internet (the Yandex.Mail app needs to be connected to the internet to work correctly):
- Are you connected to a mobile network?
- Do you have enough money on your mobile phone account?
- Can you use another internet connection, e.g. Wi-Fi?
How do I change my password?
You can change the password in the Yandex.Mail web interface (see How do I change my password or my security quesiton answer?).
I've forgotten my password. What should I do?
I've forgotten my username. What should I do?
If you've forgotten your username, try to use the tip on the access recovery page. The tip can help if you've recently accessed your Yandex account from the same mobile phone.
Alternatively, you can ask your recent correspondents to tell you what email address you used.
If neither of these helps, please contact us using the feedback form.
Messages are missing
If you've accidentally deleted messages or they are just missing, try looking for them in the Deleted folder (the messages in this folder are kept for 7 days after deletion). To recover your messages:
- Go to the Deleted folder.
- Select the appropriate messages. To select a message, tap the sender's image in the message row.
- Tap and then in the lower half of the screen.
- Select a destination folder for the message.
If the missing messages are not available in the Deleted folder, they unfortunately cannot be recovered.
If you're sure that you haven't deleted them, try the following:
- Open the visitors log in the Yandex.Mail web interface and check the information about mailbox activity for the last week.
- Change your password on the Passwords page. Make sure that you comply with the email security rules.
- Check whether you're using any apps that can automatically delete email messages. If you have any app which uses the POP3 protocol on your smartphone, make sure to configure it to keep copies of all downloaded messages on the email server.
If none of these recommendations helps or if you have any questions about missing messages, please contact us using the feedback form.
I cannot receive notifications from social networks or online forums
If you do not receive a confirmation message after registering in a social network or forum, try the following:
- Check whether your email address is entered correctly.
- Make sure that the message handling rules are not configured to delete such messages. (Note that you can disable or delete a rule only in the Yandex.Mail web interface)
- Make sure that the email address of the social network or forum is not blacklisted. (Note that you can only delete an email address from the black list in the Yandex.Mail web interface)
If you are sure that the mailbox settings and email address are correct, try requesting a message from the website again. If the message does not arrive within a few hours, please contact site administration.
How do I create custom folders?
Custom folders can only be created in the Yandex.Mail web interface (see Folders).