- Sort emails by relevant folders and label them.
- Mark messages as read.
- Delete certain messages upon receipt.
- Pull the screen to the right.
- Tap Settings (under the list of folders and labels).
- Select the account for which you want to set filters.
- Select Manage filters.
- Click Create filter.
- Set the conditions:
- Sender contains: Specify the senders' email addresses or names. This will filter messages from senders whose email addresses or names you have specified.
- Subject contains: Specify words or phrases. This will filter messages with the specified words or phrases in the subject field.
Specify whether you want both conditions to be met simultaneously: select All conditions are met or At least one condition is met.
In Actions, select what you want to do with the filtered messages: move them to a folder, label, mark as read, or delete.
- If you want to apply a filter both to new messages and messages that are already in your mailbox, tap Apply to existing emails.
- Tap Create.
To edit a filter, go to the list of all filters, tap the one you need, and specify new settings.
Disable or delete a filter
In the filter list, tap the one you need and then tap Delete.or