Yandex.Maps lets you view traffic in many cities.
To display traffic jams, tap Traffic (to turn this mode off, just tap it again).
The traffic level is indicated by color:
- — traffic is moving freely
- — traffic is moving slower in this area
- — traffic is jammed up
- — road blocked
If there is no reliable traffic data for a given area, then you will not see a color indicator.
When this mode is turned on, the Traffic button displays information about the traffic jam level using a point scale:
Here's what the button color means:
- green — roads are clear, no traffic jams
- yellow — average traffic, some congestion
- red — lots of backed-up traffic in the city
- Blinking yellow means that traffic data is being uploaded from the network.
Points correspond to the traffic level, which is measured on a scale of one to ten.
- 1 — Traffic is moving freely
- 2 — Traffic is moving fairly freely
- 3, 4 — There are areas of congestion
- 5 — Traffic is heavy
- 6 — Traffic is backed up
- 7 — There are serious jams
- 8 — Jams extend for several km
- 9 — Traffic is at a complete standstill
- 10 — Faster to walk
In addition to traffic, you may also see road events on the map: accidents, road work, etc.
All personal information is removed from road alerts; they don't contain any identifying information about the user or their car.