Yandex.Maps lets you view traffic in many cities.
To display traffic jams, click Traffic (to turn this mode off, just click it again).
The traffic jam level is indicated by color:
- — traffic is moving freely
- — traffic is moving slower in this area
- — traffic is jammed up
- — road closed
If there is no reliable traffic data for a given area, then you will not see a color indicator.
When this mode is turned on, the Traffic button displays information about the traffic jam level using a point scale:
Here's what the button color means:
- green — roads are clear, no traffic jams
- yellow — average traffic, some congestion
- red — lots of backed-up traffic in the city
- Blinking yellow means that traffic data is being uploaded from the network.
Points correspond to the traffic level, which is measured on a scale of one to ten.
- 1 — Traffic is moving freely
- 2 — Traffic is moving fairly freely
- 3, 4 — There are areas of congestion
- 5 — Traffic is heavy
- 6 — Traffic is backed up
- 7 — There are serious jams
- 8 — Jams extend for several km
- 9 — Traffic is at a complete standstill
- 10 — Faster to walk
In addition to traffic, you may also see road events on the map: accidents, road work, etc.
All user information is removed from road alerts; they don't contain any identifying information about the user or their car.