Yandex.Maps lets you view traffic in many cities.
To show visual traffic information, tap Traffic (to hide it, just tap again).
The traffic jam level is indicated by color:
- — traffic is moving freely
- — traffic is moving slower in this area
- — traffic is jammed up
- — road closed
If there is no reliable traffic data for a given area, then you will not see a color indicator.
When this mode is turned on, the Traffic button displays information about the traffic jam level using a point scale:
Here's what the button color means:
- green — roads are clear, no traffic jams
- yellow — average traffic, some congestion
- red — lots of backed-up traffic in the city
- Blinking yellow means that traffic data is being uploaded from the network.
Points correspond to the traffic level.
Traffic conditions are measured on a ten-point scale with the following indications:
- 1 — Traffic is moving freely
- 2 — Traffic is moving fairly freely
- 3, 4 — There are areas of congestion
- 5 — Heavy traffic
- 6 — Traffic is backed up
- 7 — There are serious jams
- 8 — Jams extend for several km
- 9 — Traffic is at a complete standstill
- 10 — Faster to walk
In addition to traffic, you may also see road events on the map: Accidents, road work, etc.
All user information is removed from road alerts; they don't contain any identifying information about the user or his car.
Please write to us on the feedback page to let us know what problems, suggestions, or preferences you have concerning the Mobile Yandex.Maps.