Road events are points on the map that are associated with certain events (for example, accidents): .
Another form of "road event" is the user text messages known as "conversations": .
All personal information is removed from road alerts. In other words, such messages don't contain any identifying information about the user or their car.
- To see and add road events, follow these instructions:
Tap Menu .
Tap Settings → Map → Road events.
Enable Show on map and select the appropriate event types:
- — Accident
- — Road work
- — Speed camera
- — Road blocked
- — Raised bridge
- — “Conversations” (commentary associated with a given place)
- — Other
- To add a road event to the map, do the following:
- Tap Menu and select Add road event.
tap and hold a point on the map to open the context menu. Select Add road event.
In the Event form that opens:
- Choose the type of event:
Please note that the “Raised bridges” and “Closure” events may appear on the map, but you can't add these events.
- If you add an “Accident” or “Road work” event, choose the traffic lane that's affected in the Choose lane field.
- In the Comments field, enter your comments for the event being added.
- Tap Send. The event will be added to the map. To see comments, tap on the event icon.