Use the map
Tap the button to enable:
- Searching the map.
- Voice search.
- Setting a route; as you move along your route, the app guides you and tells you about upcoming maneuvers, your speed, and so on. You can configure the guiding features yourself.
- Displaying traffic jams.
- Displaying parking.
- Displaying moving markers of public transport.
- Displaying panoramas (the button is available after you enable the appropriate option, see Layers).
Automatic location determination.
- Open the map type menu, map layer settings, your profile, or download offline maps, open app settings, or add a road event.
- The City toolbar.
Zooms in and out on the map.
You can also change the map scale:
By pinching or spreading it.
By double tapping the map and swiping up or down the screen.
By tapping any point on the map twice to zoom in.
Some phone models give you even more options to change the scale. For example, you might be able to change it using your volume button.
In addition to the buttons, you can use the context menu; to open it, tap and hold any point on the map:
Lay out your route to or from your current location:
Tap To or From .
Get information about a place by selecting What's here?;
See a panoramic view from a given point (if it's available) by selecting the Panorama thumbnail.
Save the selected point to My places by tapping Save.
- Add road events by selecting Add road event.
You can also do the following:
- Move the map. To view a different map area, drag the map in the appropriate direction.
Determine the distance between two places using the scale bar for your current map:
You can display or hide the scale ruler.
Change the map orientation.
- Customize the display of individual layers and the entire map.