Use the map
On the main page, you'll see a map of your area and the following buttons:
- — Traffic
displays the current traffic jam level.
- and — Map type
switches between 2D and 3D maps.
- — Search
lets you search for geographic areas or organizations.
- — Voice search
enables voice search.
- — Routes
- — Menu
In en route mode, the menu opens by pressing this key combination:
- Display or hide the current traffic jam level.
- Switches from a view of the current segment of your route to an overview of your entire route. To go back to an up-close view of your current route segment, tap Continue.
- With sound
- Enable or disable voice navigation.
- My places
- Opens the My places section.
- Road events
- Add a road event.
- Opens Settings.
- and — Change scale
lets you zoom in and out on the map.
You can also change the map's scale by pinching or spreading it, Or tap twice on any area of the map to zoom in.
Some mobile phone models let you set up other ways to alter the scale, such as by using the volume button.
You can display or hide these buttons.
- — Determine location
You can also do the following:
- Move the map around to view other areas (just drag it in the appropriate direction).
Determine the distance between two places using the scale bar for your current map:
You can display or hide the scale ruler.
Use the context menu options; to open the menu, tap and hold any point on the map:
Please write to us on the feedback page to let us know what problems, suggestions, or preferences you have concerning the Mobile Yandex.Maps.