Yandex.Mail isn't opening
Check to see if you have access to the internet (Yandex.Mail will not open without an internet connection):
- Are you connected to a mobile network?
- Do you have money on your mobile phone account?
- Can you use a different internet connection, such as Wi-Fi?
Also check if the site address is entered correctly.
If these recommendations did not help, contact Yandex.Mail's support service using our feedback form. Include in your message a detailed description of the problem, a link to the page giving you problems, and a screenshot.
How do I change my password?
To change your password you need to:
- Tap settings in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
- Continue to Change password.
- Enter your old and new passwords as well as the symbols in the picture on the next page.
- Tap the Save button.
I forgot my password. What should I do?
I forgot my username. What should I do?
If you forgot your username, try using the hint on the restore access page. The hint may help if you recently logged into your Yandex account from the same phone.
Also try contacting those with whom you have recently corresponded, as they may be able to remind you what your email address is.
If you aren't able to restore your username, contact our support service using the feedback form.
If you accidentally deleted emails or your emails have gone missing, try looking for them in your Trash folder (the emails in this folder will be available for seven more days before being cleared out). You can restore emails in the old mobile interface:
- Go to the Trash folder.
- Highlight the emails you would like to delete.
- Tap the button marked More.
- Choose the folder which you would like to move the emails to.
- Tap the button marked Apply.
If the missing emails are not in your Trash folder, they cannot be restored, unfortunately.
If you did not delete the emails, do the following:
- Go to your Yandex.Mail log and look through the information listed there for the past week. This can be done in the full version of Yandex.Mail.Примечание. To switch to the full version of Yandex.Mail, tap the button in the upper left-hand corner of the page, and on the next page tap Full version. To go back to the mobile version, tap Light version at the bottom of the page.
- Change your password on the Passport page. Make sure you are following the email security guidelines.
- Make sure you are not using programs that delete emails. If you have a POP3 program installed on your phone, indicate in the settings that copies should be saved on the server.
If these recommendations didn't help, or if you still have questions about disappearing emails, contact us using the feedback form.
I'm not getting social network or forum notifications
If you did not receive an email asking you to confirm your social network or forum registration, you should:
- check to make sure you correctly entered your email address;
- make sure there is nothing set to delete emails in your email processing rules and that the email address for that social network or forum is not on your black list (you can only decline or delete the rule and delete site addresses from your black list using the full version of Yandex.Mail).Note. To switch to the full version of Yandex.Mail, tap the button in the upper left-hand corner of the page, and on the next page tap Full version. To go back to the mobile version, tap Light version at the bottom of the page.
If you are sure all your settings and the address you indicated on the site are correct, try requesting the email one more time. If you do not receive the email in a few hours, contact the site administration.
How do I set up an email client?
There are other ways to access your email besides using the web interface. Download and install the Yandex.Mail mobile app for your smartphone. If you want to use another app that works with IMAP or POP protocols, follow our recommendations for setting up email clients.
Unless otherwise indicated when setting up your POP3 client, all the emails in your account will be downloaded to your phone. You can use the "save copies of emails on the server" option if it is provided by your client. There is no such option in the settings for the Yandex.Mail web interface.
In addition, we recommend setting up clients to operate using the IMAP protocol, in which case whatever you do will be synchronized between your phone and the server.
Was my email delivered?
If you did not receive a response to the effect that your email was not delivered after being sent, that means it successfully left the Yandex servers.
If your email was not delivered, you will receive an automatic Mailer-Daemon response that will include a reason why that happened. The most common problem is incorrectly-written recipient addresses, so be sure you enter them correctly without errors or extra characters. Other possible reasons as to why an email may not have been delivered are laid out in the Email declined by mail server section.
How do I set up a picture for my account?
You can change your picture in the full version of Yandex.Mail by following the instructions found in the Sender picture section.
How do I change my first name, last name, gender and date of birth?
To change the personal information you entered when you registered a Yandex account, you need to:
- Go to the Passport page.
- Tap Edit personal information.
- Enter the changes you want to make.
- Tap the Save button.
How do I make my own folders?
You can work with folders in the old mobile interface.
How do I change my sender name and signature?
You can change your sender name and signature in the old interface settings. For that, use the fields marked Your name and Signature and tap Save changes.
How do I change the interface language?
You can change the interface language in the old interface settings. For that, change the Interface language field and tap Save changes.
How do I set up a mail collector or email processing rule?
I'm having problems with a website (not Yandex)
Unfortunately, our support cannot answer questions not related to Yandex itself. Please contact the administration of the site that's causing you problems.
If you are having problems with a social network or forum, contact their support service.
VK support: email@example.com.
My question isn't on the list
If your problem isn't covered above, contact the Yandex.Mail support service using our feedback form.
Include the following information:
- What you were doing both when the problem occured and before it;
- If the problem came about while using a mail client, then include the name and version of the program.
Attach screenshots of the problems and another of the settings for your Yandex.Mail web interface or mail client.