Data on services
To get the archive for your account:
- In the Manage data section, click Data on services and make sure you're logged in with the right Yandex ID.
- On the Manage user data page, choose a service and click Order data archive.
Usually, the archive is created within a day, but it may take up to 30 days.
You can learn about the archive status from the information on the Manage user data page. Once your archive is ready, it will appear in Ordered archives. This is where you can also view the password for unpacking the archive.
In Windows or Linux, you can unpack the archive using the pre-installed archiver. For macOS, you need to install an archiver that supports 7-zip format, like The Unarchiver.
You can find data from each service in the corresponding folders in the archive. The data format depends on the service, but only XML, JSON, and CSV formats are used.
To delete data:
- Go to the Data tab and make sure you're logged in under the correct Yandex ID.
- In the Manage data section, select Data on services.
- On the Manage user data page, choose a service and specify which data to delete.
- In the window that opens, click Delete. If you changed your mind, click Cancel.
The archive is still not available for download
It may take up to 30 days to create the archive. If the archive is still unavailable for download after this period, contact support.
I can't open some files in the archive
Try downloading the data again: go to Your data on Yandex, choose a service, and click Order data archive.
Some data is missing from the archive
Some services might not store your personal data at all or limit the storage period. This is why the archive may not contain all the data you expect.
If I delete my data using this page, will it immediately be destroyed?
All the data you selected will disappear from all services. From this moment on, no one will be able to access it, and Yandex will stop using it. Most of the data will be immediately erased from all servers.
But Yandex is legally required to store certain types of data, such as comments, for several years. It will be permanently erased as soon as the legal period expires. To learn more about how long Yandex stores different types of data, see Deleting data.
If you can't find an answer to your question, contact us.