Ticket booking problems
If you run into difficulties using Yandex.Flights, please contact customer support via the feedback form.
- How do I avoid problems when booking air tickets?
- Can the ticket booking site be trusted?
- How can I check my booking?
- Who can I contact with questions or suggestions?
- Possible issues and recommendations:
- The agency that sold you a ticket has closed
- The price on the partner site is given in a different currency
- Additional services
- The agency or airline is registered in a different country
- After booking, you have not received an e-ticket or itinerary receipt
- The price on the partner's site was higher than the price quoted by Yandex.Flights
- More money was withdrawn from my card than the price listed during booking
How do I avoid problems when booking air tickets?
Can the ticket booking site be trusted?
If you have not booked tickets on a ticket booking website before, make sure that the site is trustworthy:
- Read company reviews. Be wary of companies that don't have many reviews. Taking the measures listed below can help ensure that the company is legitimate.
- Check the domain registration date.
- Search the website for contacts and company information.
- Phone the site's customer service department to make sure it is fully operational.
If the domain was recently registered, the company has no reviews, nobody responds to customer service requests, and the site lacks contact details, then it is probably a fraudulent business.
Yandex.Flights does not list fraudulent websites. Yandex only works with reliable companies that undergo careful selection.
How can I check my booking?
After you pay for your ticket, make sure that you get your e-ticket in your mailbox.
If you cannot find your booking number in any of these systems, call the airline. If the airline cannot locate your ticket, please contact the partner's customer support.
In the event of a disagreement, you can dispute the payment with your bank.
Who can I contact with questions or suggestions?
If you have questions or suggestions regarding the Yandex.Flights service, please contact our customer support using the feedback form.
Possible issues and recommendations:
The agency that sold you a ticket has closed
When a passenger buys a ticket, they are automatically making a contract with an airline. If an agency goes out of business and you have questions about your flight, you should contact your flight carrier.
The price on the partner site is given in a different currency
The partner site usually quotes prices in the local currency, but in some cases it is possible to choose another currency.
If you pay by a card with an account in a different currency, the bank will probably debit a larger amount than that quoted on the site. Many banks charge a commission for currency conversion.
Therefore, it is best to pay in the currency that matches your bank account.
Booking agency websites often offer additional services, such as insurance and airport transfer tickets. If you need additional services, you can select them on the partner website when you make a booking.
The agency or airline is registered in a different country
Pay attention to information concerning where the company is registered. If an agency or airline is not a resident of your country, it will be more difficult to take them to court in the event of a dispute.
After booking, you have not received an e-ticket or itinerary receipt
First, check your “Spam” email folder and your account on the airline or booking agency website. If you cannot find your ticket there, contact the airline or agency where you booked the ticket.
If you found a ticket with the Yandex.Flights service, and were not sent an e-ticket or itinerary receipt after booking, report this to customer support using the feedback form.
The price on the partner's site was higher than the price quoted by Yandex.Flights
One reason could be that several people are booking the same ticket as you. In this case, the price you selected might no longer be available. If so, the agency must display a message saying that the price is no longer available and suggest other pricing options. If no message is displayed, please report this to Yandex.Flights customer support using the feedback form.
Yandex makes every effort to ensure that users of its service don't experience such issues. If a partner site quotes a higher price, please report this to Yandex.Flights customer support using the feedback form.
More money was withdrawn from my card than the price listed during booking
Prices can change for a number of reasons:
- currency exchange rate difference
- technical error (double transaction)
- payment processing — money was debited prior to booking and the price changed during the booking process
- the airline changed the exchange rate during the booking process
The baseline ticket price is given in the local currency (if not stated otherwise) and is valid for bank card payments. For instance, if your bank card is registered in a different currency, money will be debited using your bank's internal rate. In this case the price will be slightly different from that quoted by the service.
Also pay attention to the currency that Yandex partner companies use to charge for tickets. The partner site usually quotes prices in the local currency, but in some cases it is possible to choose another currency. In this case the partner site may quote two prices: the price in your currency (as reference) and the price in the currency of your card (for example, in euros).
Yandex makes every effort to ensure that users of its service don't experience such issues. If you were charged more than you were quoted during booking, please report this to Yandex.Flights customer support using the feedback form.