Files won't sync
The Yandex.Disk icon, which is located in the notification panel for Windows or in the menu bar for Mac OS X, displays one of the following sync statuses:
— all files synced
— during the synchronization process, an error occurred.
If files copied to your Yandex.Disk folder did not appear on the server or your other computers, then synchronization is not enabled or has not been completed. Check if synchronization is enabled in the program. Also check your internet connection's stability and make sure the files you want to sync are not open in another program.
- The program's current status is "Processing data"
- Shorten the file names in the Yandex.Disk folder. Please check your internet connection, or try disabling your antivirus or firewall.
- The program status is "Synchronized", but your files are not there.
- If your files are located in the Yandex.Disk folder, but haven't shown up on your other computers or in the web interface, please contact us using the form below.
- The synchronization speed is slow
- The program calculates the synchronization speed in order to save traffic and system resources. Please be aware that there may be a number of reasons why your sync speed is slow that have nothing to do with Yandex.Disk. For example, your provider may place limits on your speed. Check your internet connection speed.
- An error message appeared during synchronization
- You can find explanations for what the error messages mean on the errors page.
You can find detailed information about synchronization in the Syncing data between computers section.
These recommendations didn't help
If you couldn't find an answer to your question, please let us know.
We will need the following information:
- your Yandex username
- the version and build of Yandex.Disk you're using (click on the Yandex.Disk icon and select in the menu)
- the exact names of the files that aren't syncing
- the sync time and date
- the data archive from the .sync folder
- How to get your data archive from the .sync folder
The .sync folder is hidden in your Yandex.Disk folder. Enable the option to display hidden files in your system settings.
To show hidden files in Windows, go to Show Hidden Files and Folders in the window that appears. Save your changes.in the menu. Then select
Go back to the Yandex.Disk folder and copy the .sync folder to another place on your computer. Archive the copied folder.
Attach a screenshot if possible.