Sharing a link to a file or folder
Files or folders must be made public to be shared. Yandex.Disk lets you generate a direct download link for each file or folder.
Any files and folders in the Disk root directory or your personal folders can be shared. To share a mail attachment, copy it from the Mail attachments folder (in the menu bar at the top) to another Disk folder.
The public file link will continue to work until you make the file private. Disk will generate another link if you decide to share the file or folder again. However, if a file has already been shared and you get a public link to it again using the computer program or mobile app, this will be the same link that was generated when sharing this file.
If you share a file or folder link with other Yandex.Disk users, they will be able to save your file or folder to their Yandex.Disk.
To view all shared files and folders, click the Links button on the upper panel.
Sharing files through the web interface
Select a file to share.
In the panel on the right, set the sharing option to On. You will be given the same option when uploading a file to Disk.
- Copy the link that appears.
- Method 1. Click on the link and choose the Copy link item in the menu.
- Method 2. Click on the link and then hit Ctrl + C.
- Click to receive the link's QR code.
Sharing through the mobile app
1. Select the necessary files or folders, then tap Share.
2. Choose whether you would like to send the link by SMS or copy it to your clipboard.
1. Select the necessary files or folders and click Share.
2. You will then be asked how you would like to share the file or folder links.