Managing public files and folders
View public files and folders
If someone shares a link to a file with you, you can view it or listen to it from the public page:
Copy public files and folders to your Disk
If someone shares a link to a file or folder located on Yandex.Disk with you, you can copy this file or folder to your Disk.
To copy a file or a folder, click the link you received and then click the Save to Yandex.Disk button. The file or folder will be moved to the Downloads folder on your Disk.
You can access the Downloads folder from the left panel.
Download public files and folders
If someone shares a link to a file or folder located on Yandex.Disk with you, you can download this file or folder to your computer or mobile device.
To save the public file on your device, click the link you received and then click Download.
Comment public files and folders
If someone shares a link to a file or folder with you, you can leave comments, reply to them and add Likes and Dislikes to the published file or comments. To view or leave comments, click in the upper right corner.
Collaborate with other users on shared folders
If you received access to a folder, its copy appears on your Disk. Depending on the access rights to the shared folder, users can do the following:
- Each authorized user can rename and move shared folders on their personal Yandex.Disk. This does not have any effect on granting or getting access rights.
- Authorized users can revoke their own access to a shared folder by deleting the copy from their own Disk.
- If the owner of a shared folder deletes it, all authorized users will lose their access rights to the folder.
- A user with full access can view, download, modify, publish and delete files from a shared folder.
- A user with the Read-only access can view and download files from a shared folder.
Note. If you can't modify or delete a file from a shared folder, ask the owner for the full access to the folder.
Co-author a document with other users
The changes mage while editing are saved automatically. In the upper right corner of the screen, you can see who is currently working on the document.
If you received a link to a document that you want to edit but you can't, ask the owner to give you the full access to the document.