You can manage your Disk files on your Android device with the “Yandex.Disk” app. You can download the app from Google Play
Use your Yandex username and password to log in and you will have access to the same files and folders as on the web interface.
To update, pull the list of files and folders down. The app status will change to “Updating” as the new data is retrieved.
Uploading files to Disk
Uploading from Android
1. Open the folder to upload files to and tap .
2. You will then be asked to select an existing file, take a photograph or create a new folder.
To search for a file or folder in the current folder, tap and type part of the name in the search bar. Disk will display the files and folders matching your search text.
Downloading files to your phone
1. Select the required files or folders and tap to download them to your phone.
2. The app will then ask you where you would like to download the files.
Sharing a link to a file or folder
Configuring photo and video auto-uploads
You can automatically upload photos to Disk, along with video files from the standard “Gallery” app and store them in the folder “Camera Uploads” or any other folder on Disk. A window asking if you would like to set up auto-uploads will be displayed the first time you open the app.
The following auto-upload methods are available:
- Wi-Fi only. Photos and videos will only be uploaded over a Wi-Fi network.
- Over any network. Photos and videos will be uploaded over any internet connection (Wi-Fi, mobile internet).Attention: You may be charged when uploading photos over your mobile data connection. The amount will depend on your mobile operator and tariff.
Select an option and tap Done. The auto-uploads will start automatically. Tap Skip if you want to set up auto-uploads later.
All photos and videos detected in your “Camera Roll” will automatically be uploaded to your “Camera Uploads” folder. All the files in your folder will be named according to the date and time they were taken. You can manage your photographs on your mobile device or on the Disk page in image viewer.
To change your auto-upload preferences or disable them, open the app settings menu and select the relevant option from the Camera Uploads section:
To delete unnecessary files from Yandex.Disk, select them and tap Delete. Once you confirm the deletion, all the selected files will be moved to the Trash. The deleted files are stored in the Trash for 30 days, after which they are automatically removed from the server. Once removed from the server, these files cannot be restored.
Working with files in offline mode
To access files without an internet connection, add them to the Offline section. Files will be downloaded onto your mobile devices and sync with your data on the Yandex.Disk server.
Add files to Offline mode
Select the necessary files and tap :
Files added to Offline mode will be marked with .
Viewing Offline files
To only display files added to Offline mode, slide the screen to the right and tap Offline:
Deleting files from Offline section
Select the necessary files and tap :
Clear the Offline section
To delete all files stored in the Offline section, follow these steps:
- Go to
- Choose the Clear Offline section option:
- Select an option for deleting files:
If you encounter a problem while using the Yandex.Disk apps, please tell us by sending us the logs from your mobile device.
How to retrieve your app logs
- Install a log recording application such as CatLog.
- Open the app menu and select Record.
- Enter a file name, for example, mail_send_fail.txt. Tap OK to save your changes.
Your logs will be recorded automatically.
- Launch the Disk application and repeat the steps that caused the problem to occur.
- Stop recording by tapping on the CatLog notification at the top of your screen.
- Go to /sdcard/catlog_saved_logs to access the log file.
Add a widget to your mobile to access CatLog quickly.