- How much does Yandex.Disk cost?
- How do I get more storage?
- What happens if I run out of Disk space?
- Are there limits on the size of files that I can upload to Disk?
- Can I upload entire folders to Disk?
- How long are files stored?
- Can I search through all the files on Yandex.Disk?
- How secure are my files on Yandex.Disk?
- How are uploaded files checked for viruses?
- What should I do if I lose the device that I installed the “Yandex.Disk” app on?
- Why is access to a public file restricted?
- Why can't a shared file be downloaded?
- Why is the total size of my files less than the space that is used on Disk?
- Why is the download speed of a shared file so low?
- Why is a publicly-available folder not downloading?
How much does Yandex.Disk cost?
You can get up to 10 GB of Disk space for free. You can also buy additional space.
How do I get more storage?
What happens if I run out of Disk space?
You will not be able to upload new files if you run out of space on Yandex.Disk. However, all your existing files on Disk will still be available to view, download, share etc.
Get more storage to take full advantage of Yandex.Disk.
Are there limits on the size of files that I can upload to Disk?
Files larger than 10 GB cannot be uploaded to Yandex.Disk. Any files copied to your Yandex.Disk folder that are over 10 GB in size will not be synced.
Can I upload entire folders to Disk?
Yes, you can copy any folder to the Yandex.Disk folder on your computer and it will be uploaded automatically to the server along with all its contents.
You can also upload folders by dragging them to the service page. If your folders aren't uploading, make sure you are using a browser powered by WebKit.
To upload files to a separate folder using a mobile app, create the folder first, and then open it.
How long are files stored?
Until you delete them. We impose no restrictions on storage time.
Can I search through all the files on Yandex.Disk?
No. Yandex.Disk files are not indexed. You can only download someone else's file if they have made it public and shared a link to it.
Be careful when sharing links to your files on websites or forums: your download speed may be restricted if the file is downloaded too frequently.
How secure are my files on Yandex.Disk?
More secure than on your computer or phone:
- Yandex.Disk cannot be broken or lost.
- All files stored on Yandex.Disk are scanned with an antivirus.
- We use the latest technology to keep your files secure.
- All information transferred by the app or site is securely encrypted.
How are uploaded files checked for viruses?
All files up to 1 GB in size saved on Yandex.Disk are checked using the antivirus program Dr.Web.
What should I do if I lose the device that I installed the “Yandex.Disk” app on?
If you lose your laptop, computer or mobile phone, you should restrict the Yandex.Disk web- and mobile-app from accessing your files on the server. Just go to the Applications page, click on Restrict for the “Yandex.Disk” web app or “mobile app” You'll just need to log in again if you find the device.
Why is access to a public file restricted?
Access to files on Yandex.Disk may be restricted for everyone except for the owner due to violations of the User Agreement. These restrictions may be imposed for sharing material that violates current legislation, the terms of the User Agreement or the rights and legal interests of third parties (including copyrights). We recommend you read the Yandex Terms and Conditions.
Please use the contact form to reach us if you're sure that a file does not violate the User Agreement.
Why can't a shared file be downloaded?
If a shared file has been downloaded many times during a single day, the download limit may have been reached.
Why is the total size of my files less than the space that is used on Disk?
All the files you delete on the Disk website or from your Yandex.Disk folder on your computer will end up in your Trash. Their size is not displayed by the program, but they also take up space on Disk. After 30 days they will be automatically deleted. If you're running out of space, you can empty your Trash in advance.
Why is the download speed of a shared file so low?
When the size of public files or folders downloaded from your account is double the volume of your Disk, the download speed is limited to 64 KB/s. The restriction will be in place for 24 hours.
To download a shared file quickly, save it to your Disk. The file will be saved to your account instantly and you can download it as many times as you like.
Why is a publicly-available folder not downloading?
You can only download files of 50 GB or less. You can only store large files on your Yandex.Disk.