Troubleshooting the Yandex.Disk program
This section contains solutions to a number of problems that may occur while installing or using the Yandex.Disk app.
The app won't download/install
Please check your internet connection if you experience problems downloading the Yandex.Disk setup file. Proxy servers and firewalls may also prevent the app from installing.
Trouble logging in
Install the latest version of the program. Make sure that you've entered your Yandex account password correctly.
If you receive any of the following error messages:
- An error occurred. Please check your internet connection
The program cannot connect to the server. Please check your internet connection, or try disabling your antivirus software or firewall. This error may also be caused by a proxy server.
- Connection error. Please check your antivirus or firewall settings.
Check your internet connection.
Make sure that your computer's time and date are correct.
- The ports used by the program must be open. Check if your provider, antivirus or firewall has blocked any of the following ports: 443, 5222.
Try disabling certificate verification in your antivirus settings.
For the “Kaspersky lab” products, turn off the secure connection check: Settings → Advanced → Network. Uncheck the Scan encrypted connections option.
Disable HTTPS protocol scanning for ESET products: open the settings menu under the Computer Scan tab. Advanced settings → Web and email → Web access and antiphishing protection → Scanner setup → HTTP, HTTPS. Check the Do not scan HTTPS setting.
I can't set up the program
- How can I select a different folder for syncing with the server?
- Right click on the Yandex.Disk icon in the notifications area. Go to Settings → General. Specify a different folder for synchronization with the server.
- How can I find out how much free space is available on my Disk?
- Right click on the Yandex.Disk icon in the notifications area. Go to Settings → Account. Under that tab you can see how much available and used Yandex.Disk storage space you have.
- How do I set up the web app to work through a proxy server?
- Right click on the Yandex.Disk icon in the notifications area. Go to Settings → Proxy → Manual Proxy Configuration. Enter the appropriate proxy-server settings.
- How do I enable or disable autorun?
- Right click on the Yandex.Disk icon in the notifications area. Go to Settings. Check or uncheck the Launch automatically at startup option.
- How do I set up automatic updates?
- Right click on the Yandex.Disk icon in the notifications area. Go to Settings → Advanced. Check the Check for updates automatically option.
I'm getting an error message
- Connection error
The program cannot connect to the server. Please make sure that your internet connection is stable and try disabling any antiviruses or firewalls.
Make sure that the following ports are open: 443, 5222. If you use a proxy server, try disabling it.
- Unable to read file
The app cannot access certain files in the Yandex.Disk folder. This means that the file is either used by another program or that the file name contains invalid (non-Unicode) characters.
Check the program's access rights to your Yandex.Disk folder and the files it contains. Files for syncing can not be in use by another program.
- Login error
This error means that you are not logged in. Click the error message and enter your username and password.
- Storage allowance reached
You have run out of storage space on Yandex.Disk. Delete any files you no longer need or empty your Trash.
- Sync folder unavailable
The folder selected for synchronization is not accessible or has been deleted. Check that the folder is in the right place or select another folder.
- Disk setup not complete
You installed the app but didn't select a folder to sync or are not logged in to the program.
- Sync folder conflict
The folder you entered in the program settings is already being used by another Yandex.Disk account. It is not possible to use the same synchronization folder with different accounts. Choose a different folder in the program settings.
- Sync folder not selected
You haven't chosen a folder to sync with the Disk. You can choose a folder in the program settings.
- It is not possible to upload a file greater than 10 GB
The Yandex.Disk folder contains files over 10 GB in size. Files of this size cannot be uploaded to Disk.
A file did not sync. Why did this happen?
Yandex.Disk cannot upload files to the server in the following cases:
your computer is not connected to the internet
syncing is disabled in the Yandex.Disk settings
the file is over 10 GB
file access is restricted (it may be in use by another program)
If the files are located in the Yandex.Drive folder and are marked with the icon in the program, but they don't appear on other computers or in the web interface, please let us know using the form at the bottom of the page.
- Click Preferences in the lower left corner of the program.
- In the Web screen section, click Settings (under Disable).
- Uncheck the Scan encrypted connections option.
- Click Finish.
The program is frozen in the “Syncing” status
Shorten the file names in the Yandex.Disk folder. Check if the program has stable access to the network (antivirus apps and firewalls might block the connection).
The synchronization speed is designed to conserve bandwidth and system resources. The synchronization speed may also be limited by your provider. Please check your internet connection speed.
The program doesn't open in Windows
If the Yandex.Disk program for Windows stopped starting automatically when you start your computer or doesn't open when you click a shortcut or program icon, try resetting it:
- Download the program by the link https://disk.yandex.ru/download/YandexDisk30Setup.exe
- Run the downloaded file and choose installation for all system users.
I deleted files in the program, and they were deleted for good
When you delete files in the program, they are moved to the Trash and stored there for 30 days. They are then automatically removed from the server. Once removed from the server, these files cannot be restored. You can restore files from the Trash only in the Yandex.Disk web interface.