You can create and edit documents, tables, and presentations directly on Yandex.Disk.
The following file formats are supported:
- Documents: DOCX/DOC, ODT, DOCM
- Tables: XLSX/XLS, ODS, XLSM, XLSB
- Presentations: PPTX/PPT, ODP, PPSX
Creating a document
To create a new document, table, or presentation, click the Create button on the left panel and choose the file type. You can also create documents using the context menu.
Using the editor
To open a document in the editor, select it in the list of files and click Edit in the upper panel or in the context menu.
All changes are saved automatically. To close the document and return to the Yandex.Disk folder, close the editor tab.
You can rename the file, download it, or send it to print. To see additional file management options, open the File menu.
If you have a question about the editor, type it in the Tell me what you want to do box:
The document editor is provided by Microsoft.
You can edit a document in collaboration with other users:
- Create a new document in this folder, or put a copy of an existing document there.
This way, all the users that have access to the document can edit it. Changes are saved automatically. In the upper right corner of the screen you can see who is currently editing the document along with you.
- Go to thetab.
- Choose the folder where the document is located.
- On the upper panel, click the icon.
- In the list, choose the Access settings entry.
To prevent a user from editing a document, change their access rights to Read only or deny them access to that folder.
Editing a document with a public link
If someone shares a document with you using a public link, you can edit it:
- Hover over the document thumbnail and click the Browse button that appears.
- Press the Edit button on the top panel.