Installing the program
Download the program from the Yandex.Disk page. You will see instructions on how to run the file once it starts downloading. If you're using Safari, the file will launch automatically.
Drag the Yandex.Disk program to the Applications folder on your computer.
If you previously installed the classic program or Yandex.Disk 2.0, you can uninstall the older version after installing the new one.
After installation, the Yandex.Disk program prompts you to enter your Yandex username and password. Until you log in, will display in the menu bar.
If you didn't log in right after installation, double-click the program icon in the menu bar.
If you still don't have a Yandex account, click on Register to sign up. Then enter your username and password.
Upgrading to Yandex.Disk 3.0
To upgrade, install the new version over the old one. The new program will replace the old one.
Settings are automatically copied from the classic program and Disk 2.0 to the Yandex.Disk 3.0:
- The old Yandex.Disk folder is linked to the new program.
- Custom syncing is still available, but in a new way.
What else will change:
Reverting to classic Yandex.Disk
To go back to the classic program, uninstall Yandex.Disk 3.0 first.
- Find and remove all Yandex.Disk programs installed. To do this:
- Open Finder.
- Press the keyboard shortcut ⌘ + F.
- In the search box (upper-right corner), enter [Yandex.Disk].
- Under the search field, click the icon.
- In the panel that appears, choose Type — Program from the list.
- Uninstall all of the programs that are found.
- In the Finder sidebar under Devices, disable the Yandex.Disk image if it's there. To do this, click the icon to the right of theYandex.Disk.2 image name.
Then download the classic version and install it.