Auto-uploading photos and videos
Configure unlimited auto-upload of media files to Yandex.Disk if you take a lot of photos and videos with your phone or tablet. This way you won't lose your photos if something happens to your device.
With unlimited auto-uploads enabled, photos and videos don't take up space on your Yandex.Disk. They are available on the service page and in the mobile application, under Photos. Auto-uploaded screenshots also go to Photos.
If you get disconnected from the internet during an upload, the process will continue automatically once your connection is re-established.
If you want to store your photos and videos on your computer as well, you can download them using Yandex.Disk 3.0 (instructions for Windows and macOS). To upload photos and videos to the Camera Uploads folder and sync them with your computer, turn off unlimited upload.
- Turn on unlimited auto-upload
- Disable unlimited storage
- Manage photos and videos
- What folder will my photos and videos be in?
- How do I make sure that unlimited storage is enabled?
- Photos and videos are not uploading
- Other people's photos and videos uploaded to my Yandex.Disk
- Video or image quality has decreased
Turn on unlimited auto-upload
- When running the app for the fist time
A window asking if you would like to set up auto-uploads will be displayed the first time you open the app. Tap Enable. Auto-upload will start automatically. By default, the photos are uploaded only if there is Wi-Fi connection. To upload photos both over Wi-Fi and over the mobile network, turn off the Upload over Wi-Fi only option.
To configure auto-upload later, close the window.
- From the app settings
- Open settings.
- Tap Auto upload and turn on the desired auto-upload options.
Choose which network to use to upload photos
The app can upload photos and videos over Wi-Fi only or any network (Wi-Fi, mobile internet). Select the appropriate option in the settings.
- Turn off Over any network if you want to upload files only over Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Over any network if you want to upload files over both Wi-Fi and mobile internet.
Disable unlimited storage
- Open settings.
- Tap Auto upload.
- Turn off Upload to unlimited storage.
Once you turn off unlimited auto-upload, photos and videos are uploaded in the Camera folder. They will use space on your Disk. Learn more about auto-uploading to Camera in the Help for Yandex.Disk for web.
Manage photos and videos
The same actions that are available for ordinary files are available for automatically uploaded photos and videos: you can view, download, and share them. But once you copy a photo into another folder on the Disk, move it to Trash or edit it, it takes up space on your Disk.
What folder will my photos and videos be in?
Automatically uploaded files will be displayed under Photos and Feed.
With unlimited auto-uploading enabled, photos and videos aren't saved to the Camera Uploads folder or synced with the computer program. To sync photos, open Photos and copy the photos to the desired folder on your Yandex.Disk.
Photos and videos will be uploaded to the Camera Uploads folder, which is created automatically. In this case they will take up space on your Disk. Learn more about auto-uploading to Camera in the Help for Yandex.Disk for web.
How do I make sure that unlimited storage is enabled?
- Check that auto-upload is turned on in the Yandex.Disk program settings.
- Take several photos on your phone
- Make sure that they are auto-uploaded on Disk.
- Make sure these photos are displayed in Photos and not Camera Uploads.
Go to the mobile app settings and make sure that Upload to unlimited storage is turned on under Auto upload.
Photos and videos are not uploading
If files aren't uploading, make sure that the Yandex.Disk app is running. Auto-uploading only works when the app is running, even if you collapse it. If the application is fully removed from the list of running applications, files will not be uploaded.
Other people's photos and videos uploaded to my Yandex.Disk
Someone else's files may end up on your Yandex.Disk if you log in on someone else's mobile device. In this case, if auto-uploads are enabled, files from this device will upload to your Yandex.Disk.
You can stop uploading other people's files to your Yandex.Disk in one of the following ways:
- Log out on all devices
- To prevent other people's files from uploading to your Yandex.Disk, log out of Yandex.Disk on all devices.
- Revoke program and app acces
You can also revoke access that Yandex.Disk programs and apps have to your files stored on the server:
- Open the Access management page.
- Look through the list and find all the lines that feature
- Click each line, and then click Delete.
Video or image quality has decreased
Images are stored on Yandex.Disk in their original quality. They are not compressed during upload. However, Yandex.Disk creates low-resolution previews for the website to reduce traffic and make working with Disk faster. To view an image in its original quality, download it to your mobile device.
If the video quality in the app is low, it's likely that the video player is set to a low resolution. You can select a higher resolution. The maximum quality that can watch videos in from the app is 1080p, so if the video resolution is higher, you can download it to your mobile device to watch it in the original quality.