Auto-uploading photos and videos
Configure unlimited auto-upload of media files to Yandex.Disk if you take a lot of photos and videos with your phone or tablet. This way you won't lose your photos if something happens to your device.
With unlimited auto-uploads enabled, photos and videos don't take up space on your Yandex.Disk. They are available on the service page and in the mobile application, under Photos. Auto-uploaded screenshots also go to Photos.
If you get disconnected from the internet during an upload, the process will continue automatically once your connection is re-established.
If you want to store your photos and videos on your computer as well, you can download them using Yandex.Disk 3.0 (instructions for Windows and macOS). To upload photos and videos to the Camera Uploads folder and sync them with your computer, turn off unlimited upload.
- Turn on unlimited auto-upload
- Disable unlimited storage
- Manage photos and videos
- What folder will my photos and videos be in?
- How do I make sure that unlimited storage is enabled?
- How do I know which photos have already been uploaded?
- How do I select folders on my device to upload photos and videos from?
- Photos and videos are not uploading
- Other people's photos and videos uploaded to my Yandex.Disk
- Video or image quality has decreased
- Free up space on your phone or tablet
Turn on unlimited auto-upload
- When running the app for the fist time
A window asking if you would like to set up auto-uploads will be displayed the first time you open the app. Tap Enable. Auto-upload will start automatically. By default, the photos are uploaded only if there is Wi-Fi connection. To upload photos both over Wi-Fi and over the mobile network, turn off the Upload over Wi-Fi only option.
To configure auto-upload later, close the window.
- From the app settings
- Open settings.
- Tap Auto upload and turn on the desired auto-upload options.
Choose which network to use to upload photos
The app can upload photos and videos over Wi-Fi only or any network (Wi-Fi, mobile internet). Select the appropriate option in the settings.
- Turn off Upload over mobile data if you want to upload files only over Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Upload over mobile data if you want to upload files over both Wi-Fi and mobile internet.
Disable unlimited storage
- Open settings.
- Tap Auto upload.
- Turn off Upload to unlimited storage.
Once you turn off unlimited auto-upload, photos and videos are uploaded in the Camera folder. They will use space on your Disk. Learn more about auto-uploading to Camera in the Help for Yandex.Disk for web.
Manage photos and videos
The same actions that are available for ordinary files are available for automatically uploaded photos and videos: you can view, download, and share them. But once you copy a photo into another folder on the Disk, move it to Trash or edit it, it takes up space on your Disk.
What folder will my photos and videos be in?
Automatically uploaded files will be displayed under Photos and Feed.
With unlimited auto-uploading enabled, photos and videos aren't saved to the Camera Uploads folder or synced with the computer program. To sync photos, open Photos and copy the photos to the desired folder on your Yandex.Disk.
Photos and videos will be uploaded to the Camera Uploads folder, which is created automatically. In this case they will take up space on your Disk. Learn more about auto-uploading to Camera in the Help for Yandex.Disk for web.
How do I make sure that unlimited storage is enabled?
- Check that auto-upload is turned on in the Yandex.Disk program settings.
- Take several photos on your phone
- Make sure that they are auto-uploaded on Disk.
- Make sure these photos are displayed in Photos and not Camera Uploads.
Go to the mobile app settings and make sure that Upload to unlimited storage is turned on under Auto upload.
How do I know which photos have already been uploaded?
You can distinguish photos by the icons in their lower-right corner:
- [no icon] — The photo was uploaded to Yandex.Disk manually or automatically.
- — the photos was automatically uploaded to Yandex.Disk from your device.
- — The photo was not uploaded to Yandex.Disk and is stored only on your device because auto-upload is disabled or suspended. This icon marks photos that were once automatically uploaded to Yandex.Disk but were then removed from Photos.
How do I select folders on my device to upload photos and videos from?
Photos and videos from the “Camera” folder are uploaded automatically. You can customize uploads from folders like “WhatsApp”, “Viber”, “Screenshots”:
- Open settings.
- Tap Photo and video auto-uploads.
- Tap Folders on your phone (or Folders on your tablet).
- Select the folders you want to automatically upload photos and videos to Yandex.Disk from.
Photos and videos are not uploading
If files are not uploading , make sure they are in one the following folders or subfolders (on the device or its storage card):
Other people's photos and videos uploaded to my Yandex.Disk
Someone else's files may end up on your Yandex.Disk if you log in on someone else's mobile device. In this case, if auto-uploads are enabled, files from this device will upload to your Yandex.Disk.
You can stop uploading other people's files to your Yandex.Disk in one of the following ways:
- Log out on all devices
- To prevent other people's files from uploading to your Yandex.Disk, log out of Yandex.Disk on all devices.
- Revoke program and app acces
You can also revoke access that Yandex.Disk programs and apps have to your files stored on the server:
- Open the Access management page.
- Look through the list and find all the lines that feature
- Click each line, and then click Delete.
Video or image quality has decreased
Images are stored on Yandex.Disk in their original quality. They are not compressed during upload. However, Yandex.Disk creates low-resolution previews for the website to reduce traffic and make working with Disk faster. To view an image in its original quality, download it to your mobile device.
If the video quality in the app is low, it's likely that the video player is set to a low resolution. You can select a higher resolution. The maximum quality that can watch videos in from the app is 1080p, so if the video resolution is higher, you can download it to your mobile device to watch it in the original quality.
Free up space on your phone or tablet
You can delete photos and videos from your device that have already been uploaded to Yandex.Disk:
- Pull the screen up and tap Clear space. Yandex.Disk automatically checks which images have been uploaded and can be deleted, as well as calculates how much space will be freed.
- Tap Clear.Note. By default, photos and videos taken in the past month are not deleted. If you want to delete them along with the rest of the photos and videos, disable Keep photos and videos from past month.
You can view all photos and videos uploaded to Yandex.Disk under Photos.